Mild Cam 4 B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup..91 Civ/B16A and i wanna get some cams for my B16..but i dunno shit bout cams to tell you the truth..what is a good mild cam for the engine..its a daily driver so i need a reliable one...let me know your opinons..

you can run the cams from a CTR or ITR
skunk2 stage 1
toda A

there are lots to choose from
check out the cam guide sticky at the top of this forum

depends on your budget...if you have the cash, i say go type r, skunk2 stage 1, toda spec a, or some 1st stage crower or crane cams...if you are broke...then just get some GSR cams...they go for about $100 on average and they give you not a lot, but noticeable power

does it matter what year of GSR..i know they are all 1.8 DOHC VTEC..expcept the old 1.7's..and when u say noticeable power..are the ITR that much better..sorry for all the questions..CAMS=im lost.

I say go with the CTR cams since they are slightly more aggressive than the ITR. Check out optauto.com for more info.

Check my sticky at the top of this forum you jive ass hussie :D

Milan

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@May 23 2003, 05:48 PM
does it matter what year of GSR..i know they are all 1.8 DOHC VTEC..expcept the old 1.7's..and when u say noticeable power..are the ITR that much better..sorry for all the questions..CAMS=im lost.

yeah get 94+ GSR cams, i hear that the b17 is kinda like a bored and stroked b16...but i'm not sure...i pretty sure someone can tell you for sure...but if my theory is right then the cams are basically b16 cams...and as for the ITR cams...they are way better than the GSR cams but if you go type r...go CTR...it's slighty more aggressive

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 23 2003, 08:44 PM
i hear that the b17 is kinda like a bored and stroked b16...but i'm not sure...i pretty sure someone can tell you for sure...

a b17 is just a stroked b16, they share the same bore. and yes, i think the cams are the same as the b16's from that generation.

Back