mild vtec build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knuckk

the shit^^
ive been planning to do a mild vtec build just enough hp for me to reach at least 185 hp range i doubt this will be enough for the build thats why im getting / asking help from u guys
what.gif

-gsr head ported & polished
-itr cams
-skunk 2 valves retainers springs
-skunk 2 pro series intake manifold
-cf power chamber short ram

- stock type r block
-b16 transmission

im deciding if i should get LSD

what else would i need to reach my goals for 185 hp??

Sounds like a pretty good setup.. maybe consider switching out the ITR cams for some Skunk stage 2's since you're already going to be running the rest of the valvetrain, the skunk springs are a little on the aggressive side to be matching with ITR cams. The GSR head will bump the compression up as opposed to a type r or b16 head as well so you can take advantage of a more aggressive cam profile. If you get the flat faced Skunk2 valves you will gain another .3 or so compression which should put you around 11.2 to 11.5 to 1.
Get a good engine management setup like Hondata or similar and tune it properly. Also make sure you get a set of adjustable cam gears to get the most out of the tuning. Get a header with a 2 1/2" collector such as the JDM ITR (DC sports makes a copy of it too), and run 2 1/2" exhaust all the way back from the collector.

Last edited:
Back