milling the head???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm94ex

ive got a z6 and want to get it milled to raise the compresion of my mini me swap im gonna be usen a y8 head gasket, how much should i get milled off for a good compresion level to use with nitrous? do i need to take the head apart to get it milled or can i leave the valves and everything intact??

This really isnt the ideal way of gaining compression. If you mill a lot you will need an adjustable cam gear to adjust timing beucase the increased slack in the timing belt.

"For every action, there's a reaction"

yes when you MILL the head, it brings down the head close to the block. What it does is move the cam positioning as well. You can bring it back the cam adjustment with a Cam gear. So keep in mind when tuning, that when at ZERO, you are actually not at ZERO and you have to compensate for that during the adjustments.

Milling is not the best way to gain performance, but if you are going to do it anyway, dont do more than 30 thou. off the head. Just to keep it safe and if you plan on doing any bottom end work later on, you havent taken too much off the head to have any valve clearance issues on high compression pistons.

Wil

Back