min me cel, d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efalex

so ive had a cel in my car ever sense i put the y7 block in.. its a y8 head with a y7 block in a 00 coupe. all the sensors are hooked up and it runs great. BUT sometimes if i am in first gear itll jerk and jummp when i give it gas till i flip the key, also i adjustedmy idle to 1000 rpm and it was fine. but when i go and drive it, it will surge from 1000 to 1500 rpm and stay at 1500 rpm for idle... wtf?

tuned? why? its a bonestock y8 head on a y7 bloc with a y8 tranny? the block had 40k and its outta a 99 hatch

I have been told that after doing a mini-me setup, my particular one, a d16a6/d16y8 that you need to tune it because of the differences in timing and such. My swap requires an adjustable cam gear to be set 4.5 degrees retarded -or- a d16z6 cam gear in order to run and time properly. Maybe this is what you are going through. I do not know, I am just saying that a simple tune would not hurt, if anything it would help because you have 2 different but very similar components that could be throwing off timing!

The timing should be the fine (unless the belt is on wrong) because Y7/Y8 cam gears are the same. What ECU are you using and what intake manifold/throttle body? Also did you check what cel you have?

Back