Mini Matrix

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I have a few of these lil Die-Cast Mini-Matrix's. I built one for a friend and lately I've been working on one to look like my Matrix with a couple lil differences. I shaved the door handles, pissers on the hood, license plate holder on the hatch and made a rear spoiler to look like mine :)

minita.jpg

minita1.jpg

minita2.jpg

Dont mind the frosted windows, I forgot to tape the insides and they got a ton of overspray on them. Luckily I have half a dozen of these laying around :p

I have a HPI Micro RS4 1/18th scale RC car that I'm going to fit this body to. It has a set of fat 5 spoke wheels on it to match mine pretty closely. I have this paint that looks like real chrome, thats the closest I can get to the polished wheels I have :)

Here's a pic of my Matrix for reference.
newats.JPG

Heres the one I made for my friend:
fractrix3.jpg

I did basically the same as my model except for colors. His car is that Phantom color of the model and I added his screen name from MatrixOwners with his logo from his site :)

Last edited:
You dont want to know :p

I have a ton of RC stuff, karts, 4wheeler, cars, slot cars etc...... I like hobbies. I was into building regular models for quite awhile and was decent at it. My soon-to-be wife's brother is HUGE into modelling. He makes custom parts, molds them and sells them on his site. He makes chop top bodies, hoods with scoops. Stuff like that to hop up your regular ole model. I'm not THAT much into it, I like painting them and then the detail handpainting stuff. I'll post some pics of models I've built when I get home later :)

Its a diecast version of the Toyota Matrix. It comes in this light blue metallic color and very stock looking. I modified the crap out of and this is the end product.

my one friend is into detailed models

he's a big VW fan, he did a golf complete with thread for spark plug wires
looked pretty cool

pretty badass looking. i cant wait to see an end product. whats your friends site that makes the custom parts?

I'll have to call him, I just asked the wife and she doesnt know the site name. He makes stuff for mostly older cars, but the work is A+++++.

What do you want? I can tell you how to make it yourself. Most models are a resin kit or some sort of ABS. Ordinary bondo will stick well to it, I make parts out of random scraps of material. The spoiler and front lip spoiler on that model are an old set of gauge faces that I cut up.

Back