mini me 88 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skellagher

Elder Driver
ok so i got a mini me to put in for now d16a6 bottom y8 head from what i have heard is i should advance the timing on the cam gear 4.5 degrees is this true i will be running the p28

also how do i use a y8 intake in the ef like where do all vac lines go sensors all that ish and what roadblocks will i run into?

It's been some time since i did the a6/y8 swap but i believe i had to advance the gear 4.5 degrees.

to use the y8 intake you will have to relocated your idle air temp sensor to the intake tract. the y8 mani doesn't have a spot for an iat.

yes! you will run into major issues if you try and use the 91 distributor. you cannot use an obd0 dizzy with an obd1 ecu. you will need an obd1 distributor.

im sorry im so scatter brained right now but also when i get my ecu chipped can the y8 head take 8k rpm?

the b7 distributor sounds right, but i'm not 100% on that.

virtually any honda/acura 4 wire o2 sensor will work

i've never heard of anyone revving the y8 that high so i cant tell you if the head would handle it. if you have a stock y8 cam then theres really no reason to rev beyond the stock limit anyway. so if you want to keep from floating a valve, i would advise not reving past the stock rev limit. also, if your bottom end is stock, you will also have to worry about it flying apart if you rev past the stock redline.

i was told that when i did my mini me swap u gotta use the d16a6 timing gear on the y8 head and u dont have to worry about advancing the timing...

I would use a D16Z6 dizzy to match the P28 ECU. But it won't match up with the head so you'll have to rig something up.

Use the stock Y8 cam gear unless you're running a different cam. Then use a D16Y8 timing belt.

Have you done a MPFI swap?

You might not be able to use the Y8 injectors, either use A6 injectors with the resistor box or Z6 injectors without the box, but I'm not sure...you might be able to use the Y8 injectors.

well im running a mini me swap in my 99 civic ex i got d16y8 head with a d15b7 block d16y8 oil pump d16a1 pistons d15b7 cam gear and its running strong

Back