Mini Me D16y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Do yall think it would be better to swap the head off a y8 or a z6 for an OBD2 mini me.

Also is there an ECU that runs that setup without tuning. I was thinking a P2P would be okay, but im not sure.

Quoted post[/post]]
Do yall think it would be better to swap the head off a y8 or a z6 for an OBD2 mini me.

Also is there an ECU that runs that setup without tuning. I was thinking a P2P would be okay, but im not sure.

Definitely Y8. I'm sure everyone here will agree with me on this one. It has smaller combustion chambers for higher compression, and it also has quench pads, which help against detonation. Not sure how the head flows against the Z6 tho. Besides, the Z6 has the red-headed stepchild distributor....won't be able to bolt an obd2 dizzy up without modification to the legs.

:werd: Y8

The head doesnt flow as well as the Z6 because its biased towards economy; but that can easily be fixed with a port job and in the end itll be better or as good as a welded Z6 head.

porting isnt a problem...the shop's kinda slow...so i guess ill try to find a y8 with a vtec solenoid....

anyone know what kind of ecu to use?

I would run the P2P for now for plugability. later, convert to obd1 and run a chipped P28 for tunability.

Back