mini me that doesn't have compression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

69crx69

I have just put a d16a6 rebuilt block into my dx crx with a rebuilt z6 head. I already have the mpfi swap which worked before the block swap. even with new rings, head gasket, and valves i still have no comression and no vacuum. I get spark and fuel, but no compression. What could be the problem?

p.s. the cylinders have been honed.

:withstupid:

if you have no compression- air is leaking out someplace between the intake stroke and the compression stroke- which i suppose is completely common sense anyways-

you have a MAJOR sealing problem someplace- are there rings on the pistons?

there are new rings and new valves. the only thing new in the set up i have is the block (which has been honed and new rins have been installed) and the intake manifold (which has been ported to match the z6 intske ports.) i have called several auto repair places and they keep telling me that it is timing, but i have gone through my timing and it still doesn't start.

how about an intake manifold gasket? is one of those installed?

i know i'm picking the simple shit, but having 0 compression means there is a big problem, we're not talking about just being off one tooth on the timing belt

it has a brand new intake gasket and i have used 2 head gaskets (one a metal gasket for a z6 and a composite gasket for a a6)

You only need to use one headgasket... just simply use the Z6 HG.

I'm sorry i ment i tried to start it with one gasket on then when i had no luck i switched to the other gasket. not both on at the same time.

Sounds like there is a big leak somewhere. I would guess either your rings are bad or the hone job was too aggressive and your piston/piston rings are not sealing properly.

Back