Minime swap in a 89 SI CRX after a b18 swap HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ford381stroker

I purchased a 89 CRX SI that has a minime swap in it. The previous owner had a DOHC motor from an integra in it. He blew it up and has now put the minime swap in. I don't know what all wires had to be changed to run the DOHC motor. I am now trying to convert it back so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any links to the wiring diagram on either swap would work.

Thanks,

in order to run the b18a1 in the si all you have to do is swap the harness from the stock a6 to the b18 motor and run a pr4 teg obd0 ecu. this is of course assuming you use a 90-91 teg obd0 motor. if a 92-93 is used then its obd1 in which case you'll use an obd1 teg ecu with a rywire jumper that has a connection in the middle so you can utilize a 4 wire o2 sensor required for the obd1 ecu and so you dont throw a cel. Im assuming while writing this your talking about a b18a1. if you mean a b18b1 from the 94-01 teg or a vtec dohc engine then obviously there is a lot more involved.

yes, it was a B18A1. this kid couldn't get the d16 started and couldn't figure out why. I went and looked at it and sure enough he was still trying to use the old distributor from the B18a1. He had one bolt in holding it on and that was it. :eek:

I am hoping that is the only thing he messed up on. I have a PM6 and a PG7 ecu that came with the car. I believe I should use the PM6. Is this correct?

in all seriousness, you can use either or. I ran a DOHC ZC with a OBDO PR4, which is the ECU for the B18A1.

Back