Minor painting cost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

noodles

How much would it generally cost to get a single fender (already primered) painted to match my car?

Heh... nice attempt. I know prices may vary, but I want to know what range I'm in so I don't get ripped off.

Maybe 50 at maaco :thumbsdown: or 125ish at a good body shop. if they only paint the fender odds are the color wont match too well.

My friend got his hood and fender painted at maaco and it turned out ok. I think they "feathered" it into the rest of the body or something? I dunno...

Originally posted by noodles@Apr 7 2004, 10:05 PM
Heh... nice attempt. I know prices may vary, but I want to know what range I'm in so I don't get ripped off.

Go to atleast 3 body shops and ask them.

it depends on whether you want it blended into the door and the hood or not. also on the color they are painting the fender, because some colors such as red can be ALOT more expensive than others. be more specific and i can tell you just about how much it should cost

At the local paint shop where I buy my paint, they have five different shades of my OEM color. This is to account for oxidation, fading, etc.

White is the easiest to match. I'd spend more money on a good fender. I used an aftermarket fender a few years back. It didn't line up for shit, and I dented it just pushing it into position.

So, get an OEM fender, pick the right shade, paint the fender, then buff the car so the shine level is the same all around. A shop can blend it for you too.

At the local paint shop where I buy my paint, they have five different shades of my OEM color. This is to account for oxidation, fading, etc.

NIIIICE

never thought of that

Originally posted by xyswany@Apr 8 2004, 03:12 AM
Maybe 50 at maaco :thumbsdown: or 125ish at a good body shop. if they only paint the fender odds are the color wont match too well.

Prices like that should make you happy, around here they want $250 just to paint a wing.

Back