Mis-Firing PLEASE HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

O.k. I just put in my new project motor after blowing up my old one. It's a B16A. Here's the problem... when driving at partial or less then half throttle it has a mis-fire / hesitation / boggin what ever it's doing it and I can feel it cause I'm running PR sold mounts and I can see it in my A/F ratio gauge cause it jumps to lean real quick everytim it happens. Doesn't seem to do it once I'm at WOT in vtec. I tried switching the TPS and it was fine for about three hours then the problem came back and it got worse. I'm NOT THROWING ANY CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS AT ALL ? Heres the thing when I dis-connect my TPS sensor the MIL comes on ( DUH ) but the problem goes away. WHY ? Any ideas. I'm running a Brand new External coil , modified cap , 8.5mm wires but I'm not sure if it's a ignition problem. ALSO if I disconnect the ECU ( clear it ) and drive it for awhile it drives fine but after a long drive the problem starts to come back. Please help this problem is driving me nuts.

Back