Mmkk, Eveyone Says Tein, But

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

whats wrong with

LTOKICOSPRINGSHOCK.jpg

This set? It does exactly what I want, 1.5 drop, and its like 425 bucks. Im stretching to see why, for a daily driver, I should spend another 500 bone for teins - when I could take that 500 bucks put it under the hood.....

I'm with ya on that one. I've got H&R Springs and those same Tokico Blue shocks. I'm extremely happy with the setup, there aren't any annoying coilovers to mess with, and I've never felt the need to have adjustable shocks. My whole setup cost me just under $400, and it handles great, I never hit the bump stops except when I hit a bump in the road that I didn't see, and I've got plenty of cash left over for power or brake upgrades.

That is a good setup. Especially if you don't want the adjustability. Personally I want the adjustability in my dampner, but I don't have the cash for a set of corner scales to properly setup coilovers so I went with H&R Springs and Koni Yellow shocks.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 3 2003, 03:32 PM
That is a good setup. Especially if you don't want the adjustability. Personally I want the adjustability in my dampner, but I don't have the cash for a set of corner scales to properly setup coilovers so I went with H&R Springs and Koni Yellow shocks.

About corner adjusting, does this eliminate the need for getting a car aligned and what kind of shop can do this. Any old suspention shop or only like pure race shops?

corner balancing is done to make the car corner more consistantly as well as better.... you put each wheel on a scale and make adjustments in the height at each corner till you get the weight distiribution you want

for the most part you will need to go to a performance shop to do it... you will still need an alignment... and dont fuck with the height after you get balanced or you will need an alignment again

rims have ntohing to do with fitting suspension on your car :bash:

but thats an issue not related at all. If you got the wrong backspacing on the car in the first place, getting springs isn't going to effect it unless you a re Dr. Dre and decided to kick out your 12" daytons 3 feet on each side.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 4 2003, 01:19 AM
but thats an issue not related at all. If you got the wrong backspacing on the car in the first place, getting springs isn't going to effect it unless you a re Dr. Dre and decided to kick out your 12" daytons 3 feet on each side.

lmao.. i said what i said for someone who gets springs/rims at the same time.. wont know if they fit or not.

www.ALLJDM.com

Check em out!

As for that setup, it's nice, but the Teins are better. The Teins are height adjustable as well as dampning... PLUS THEY"RE GREEN!!!!!! um...

Back