1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile One???

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 90htchbck, Aug 29, 2007.

1. 90htchbck

90htchbck New Member

just got a 95 civic ex, completely stock, has 129k miles, just wondering, is mobile 1 high milage as good as they say? what would be the best for me to use??? MOBILE 1, SYTHETIC or Regular valvoline??? 5-30 or 10-30??? what oil fiters are good?

2. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

It depends on how you are going to drive the car.

If you are keeping it stock, or just doing i/h/e mod's then regular dyno juice is fine.

Mobil 1 is expensive and its benefits will only be realized under VERY high stress conditions (aka, constant track use/forced induction/built motor).

I used mobil-1 Synthetic in my old 240sx w/sr20det because the car was an oil hungry monster which I took to the track a lot.

3. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

actually i use mobil1 5w20 in my civic and i love it. i will never use conventional oil again. synthetic oil will help with gas mileage (not much but it does) and it protects your engine a lot better than conventional oil because it doesnt break down as easily... christ i sound like a commercial... i need to go to bed...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted