model engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kricket3000

does anyone know where to find a model replica honda enigines, diecast or plastic. I looked around on the net and all i could find was honda motorcycles engines. (don't know if this is the right spot to post if not mods please move.)

just do what I did, take a Honda engine,clean it up, stick it on a engine stand and park it in your house or room some where in your house.

no thats a little to big lol, i had surgery the other day so i can't work on the real one and i'll be on crutches for the next 6 weeks, need something to do!!!!!!

do what I do. browse ebay for an RSX Type S model. Buy it... Search again for a CRX, EF/G/K Hatch model. Buy it. "Swap" the K motor in the other model. If you wanna go crazy (like me) find a GT series Porche/Audi and snag a turbo off of it. Or make your own. Some say lame, others "interesting." Either way it passes time.

great idea, but i was looking for a model of just a motor 1/4 scale. all i can find is chevy 350 and hemis, damn domestics! i looked on a model forum but didn't really find anything, owell i might try your idea ^^^^anyone else please chime in

i love doing ,models..i already built the 350 engine..that was fun...
but ive actually been looking for a crx model and all i could find were in japan..so ill be importing a crx with glass top from japan real soon..its just a roller though..so ive gotta find a motor

great find on honda tech, the one guy had all the ones i've been able to find,eg,ek,dc,ef,oddesy. some of them look realy good, going to get the same one^^^ glass roof crx ftw!

Last edited:
cool man thanks, i started a c6 z06 as a warm up until the crx gets here. the z06 is mad jdm yo rhd and everything!:D i'll post pics when done.

I twin turbo'd a C6 chassis and made a fabricated aluminum intake manifold for it. Then I modded it to fit under a 69 Camaro body. Reshaped the interior to fit as well. Took a couple weeks to build and about 10 minutes for my nephew to destroy. Along with my race spec'd 71 Challenger T/A.

Those are the only two modded ones I've done. I just finished a replica of my brothers 71' Nova but its in Ohio. I've got a GT Series Porche model kit waiting to be scavenged once I find the car i want to put its drivetrain and suspension in. I like to take their rims and wide slicks, various suspension, brakes, and of course turbos and stick them in whatever I can find. That or I make my own turbos. I also use the casting "trees" and bend them with a lighter or torch into exhaust plumbing and roll cages.

Back