Monster Cable FTW!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love that article and have read it many times.

Cheese, read the article. :)

I read the article, I just could never fathom paying that much for speaker wire or any interconnect wire for that matter.

I have to agree with this article.

Although, Monster Shielded Twisted Pair car audio cables are worth the money. Compared to other manufacturers they are pretty cheap. It got rid of a nice little buzz I had.

EDIT: I won't mention how different silver wire sounds than copper..........

Soon enough people will realize that with a digital signal, it really doesn't matter. A 150 dollar Monster HDMI cable isn't gonna make your picture look any better.

Soon enough people will realize that with a digital signal, it really doesn't matter. A 150 dollar Monster HDMI cable isn't gonna make your picture look any better.

+1

Someone gets it. This is why we went from record players, 8 tracks, tapes to cd's and mp3's. Because no matter how many times it's copied, transmitted or changed mediums that 0 and 1 will ALWAYS be the same.

The only benefit to a Monster cable is probably going to be your low signal RCA cables going from older component units. This is where if there is noise present the amplifier in the receiver will make it that much worse. With speaker wire, the signal is already at ~30v or more and the low level noise isn't great enough to be audible.

i read this article a couple months ago. i guess in the sense of audiophiles, it really doesn't make a difference..... but i don't buy monster cables for the sound.... i buy them because when they break, they replace them, for free.

Yeah but for the price of some monster cables compared to other brands you can buy 2-3 cables for the price of one MC. I have mostly monstyer cables but I got it all on deep discount.

only time i buy monster (which hasnt been for like 3 years) is because i get a ridiculous discount. something like 40% off. the markup is insane.

My boss's friends had some trouble with a BestBuy installer once trying to sucker them into buying a $300 Monster package or "the system wouldn't perform properly". He had to get on the phone with the kid, pull the trump card and tell him how we was given an award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for theater speaker design before he would install the 16ga wire they had bought.

I can't wait for my brother to read this. He does visual, sound/audio for a living and will get a kick out of it. I did.

COAT HANGER FOR THE WIN! WHOOSH! :D

Back