Monster Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nogassucks

ok its not like i'm gonna start building it tomorrow or anything but someday i want to build a bad ass naturally aspirated motor. I'm not much into kits, but i would like to bore/stroke the motor as much as possible. i plan on spending the money on rods and pistons so heres the point. lets hear some creative discussionon what can, could, and has been done. if an aftermarket block is what it takes someday i'm sure i'll have the funds to make it happen. BTW i know hella about domestics but i'm just seriously getting into the sport compact thing so dont be all like brutal like u guys are to some of the 2f2f addled morons posting. i'm sure u guys are as much about the rice as i am.

i also prefer nitrous as a power adder along with big cams, cuz i know someday i'd bite off more than i could chew. how much nitrous do u guys feed these things?

ok start h22 bore stroke
and as for nitruos start small and work up
with proper tuning you can run huge numbers

find a good ems

good luck

i thought i might start with a b18 i dont really want to ruin the cars handling. i want somthing unique if that exists in hondas. it seems like everythings been done and theirs a kit to do it again

ya H22 owns as a motor,get a JDM one for the HIgher compression, they can run andwhere from 10.6 to 11.4

H22A, fuck that. You want all out? Here is where I am planning on going when I win the lotto :):
GSR block get this only for the head and block casting as you are going to sell all the internals.
Sleeve the bottom end and bore it to 86mm.
Get the Crower 92mm stroke crank.
Get some Endyn strutted pistons with the wristpin moved as far up as safely possible. Get them with a 1.30cc dome (it doesn't sound like much, but with the stock piston to deck clearance and a GSR head you get ~11.9:1 compression).
Custom rods to go with (you should be able to fit about a 138mm rod in there and maintain stock piston to deck clearance).
Get a valve train of your choice. Specifics don't really matter as long as it is quality and can handle high revs on big cams
Get some big cams, again the specific brand is up to you.

When it is all said and done it cost you a pretty penny, but you have 2138cc engine with a 1.5:1 R/S ratio. Should be good for big numbers and fine to rev to 8500-9000 RPM. Best of all with this you get almost 2.2 liters and no balance shafts. :)

EDIT: Head work and appropriate bolt ons (header, IM, TB, etc.) are assumed here.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 22 2003, 07:54 PM
H22A, fuck that. You want all out? Here is where I am planning on going when I win the lotto :):
GSR block get this only for the head and block casting as you are going to sell all the internals.
Sleeve the bottom end and bore it to 86mm.
Get the Crower 92mm stroke crank.
Get some Endyn strutted pistons with the wristpin moved as far up as safely possible. Get them with a 1.30cc dome (it doesn't sound like much, but with the stock piston to deck clearance and a GSR head you get ~11.9:1 compression).
Custom rods to go with (you should be able to fit about a 138mm rod in there and maintain stock piston to deck clearance).
Get a valve train of your choice. Specifics don't really matter as long as it is quality and can handle high revs on big cams
Get some big cams, again the specific brand is up to you.

When it is all said and done it cost you a pretty penny, but you have 2138cc engine with a 1.5:1 R/S ratio. Should be good for big numbers and fine to rev to 8500-9000 RPM. Best of all with this you get almost 2.2 liters and no balance shafts. :)

EDIT: Head work and appropriate bolt ons (header, IM, TB, etc.) are assumed here.

Im not talking about the H22A im talking about the H22, a much much much better motor, IMO.

What's this "H22", and which car did it come out of?

Also, which H22 (any of them) ever came with 11.4:1 compression? None that I know of. Highest ever was only 11.1:1.

What car did this H22 come from, I don't know of any H22 that did not have at least a trailing letter.

And no matter what H22 you start with you still have balance shafts. :thumbsdown:

If you want to go fast straight, dont waste your time NA. Go with a turbo. Stock internals b18b, with a turbo kit and some small bolt ons (suspension, anzies, exhaust, clutch, light flywheel, ect) can have you running at low 13's. Low 13's in NA is a shit load of money unless your car is 1600lbs.

Want unique?

Take a D block, resleeve to 80mm, run the D17 crank, move the wrist pin locations up high in some custom pistons, run longer than normal rods, throw in some nice high compression forged pistons with partial skirts and a strutted design, pull some nice port/polish work on the head, drop in a nice custom spec cam, then go to town in your 1.9L SOHC D series sleeper engine. You'd have yourself a nice little 80mm bore engine with a 94.4mm stroke, which would be quite a torque monster. You could probably build it in a D16 block too (not sure if D17 has taller deck height) and have everyone think you only have 1590cc.

There's a lot of people out there with some pretty beefy B and H blocks out there, so if you want to be unique, you might have to default to the good old D block.

:lol:

By the way Eric, nice engine build!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks ;)

Next time I have thousands of dollars to throw at a build that will be the one. :lol:

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 23 2003, 02:33 PM
Hmm. You've got my mind working. What would be a mid-high estimate on that setup and would it be possible/worthwhile with a SOHC ZC?

I have no clue. Try it out and let me know. :lol:

The B. I don't want to go through the hassel of trying to mount a D series in my B series equipped chassis. :D

Besides you should be telling yourself that is a nice engine, you were the one that basically held my hand through thinking it up. :)

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 23 2003, 04:44 PM
The B. I don't want to go through the hassel of trying to mount a D series in my B series equipped chassis. :D

Besides you should be telling yourself that is a nice engine, you were the one that basically held my hand through thinking it up. :)

I know, I'm just giving you shit. :lol:

does anyone no where i can find the specs about piston to deck measurement? or the deck measurement? just wondering about that D-series build

Back