More MINI Fun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
So, my brother-in-law has basically volunteered me to work on his 2002 Mini Cooper S. He left for a boot camp for 3 months, so If i get this fixed this month, I'm allowed to drive it for the spare 2 months and everything I put into it is repaid back to me. Ok, so what I think he did because he likes to drive it like a total ass hat, he says he was hauling unkown amounts of ass, then started to hear a loud "ticking" noise, not a knocking.What I'm thinking it is that he either F'ed a valve, or something came apart in one of the cylinders and now we have a scrap motor that can either become a boat anchor or later rebuild with hopes and dreams.

Personally, I'm hoping it needs a whole new engine. I've already pulled this engine once to put a clutch in it. So I'm confident I can just put a salvage yard motor in alot quicker and easier than pulling a head apart, sending it to be rebuilt and then having to go figure the BMW way of putting it back together. :mellow:

Already has a super charger from factory. He did a pulley reduction on it already, but really I wouldn't send this guy out with a ton load of hp on the road.

Back