More Power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What are some mods that are the best bang for the buck with the h22a? It already has a CAI, just installed, an Apex 1 cat back.. I want to put a header on there next... but what route should I go after that? Cams? Rebuild? What will really open this engine up? At some point of another I would like it to be turboed... with a small shot of nitrous... so if I rebuild it I would have to make it about 9.0:1 compression correct? Ok thanks for the help again.

After that, I would go with a good set of cams and cam gears, then maybe hondata and some tuning. And for quicker times, a stronger clutch and maybe a little bit lightened flywheel.

I wouldn't do cams until you are ready to boost (if that's what you're going to do). Cams made for boost for a VTEC engine aren't going to be very worthwhile.

:withstupid: If you are going to turbo it wait on the cams for now. You say you are going to add a small shot of nitrous too. Well you can get that now. You can still get your cam gears and if you plan on pulleys then get those now too! Oh and no you don't have to make your compression 9.0:1 for boost. You can still run a higher compression while under boost, but you need real good tuning!

Heres my setup i just put in on my accord: h22
Aem CAI
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Skunk2 cam gears.. more show than anything
DC header breathes the fire
ACT street disc
Fidanza Flywheel
NGK plug wires
Cam seals... of course another not needed part but its there now!
V-afc
**awaiting the Skunk 2 intake manifold***
So far i think this is the pretty much all the basic bolt ons for this motor less than any real internals!

I also left out the AEM fuel rail and B&M fuel psi gauge! Once again not real any big power added but more like an insurance for my fuel

oh by the way auto cuts off at 6800RPM onless you drive it manually...like start from D1 and shift to D2 ect...that's the only way you can pull it to 7800RPM...cuz the auto control will cut it off at 6800RPM i think that's what happen to you hahaha...next time try it manually....

Back