More Terror

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this shit pisses me off and breaks my heart :(

the world sucks, my mother said it best in 2002 when the DC area/virginia sniper shootings were going on (i'm near philly, like 2 hours or so from DC): "damn, this world has gone to shit"

i read in the paper this morning that the madrid bombings occured 911 days after 9/11, and that they were related to al-qaeda... they suppossedly sent a letter claiming responsibility, and it was mentioned that the "the expected Winds of Black Death" strike against America is now in the final stage

:unsure: :ph34r:

:werd: either way something has got to be done, it just blows my mind that this shit is going on in the world- really fucking pisses me off- and so help me god if they come over and fuck with us again i'm personally gonna find bin laden and bish slap his ass

Countries with agendas, and without an army will be terrorists. Wouldn't it be funny if Luxembourg were to start an agenda?

The Koran is as important a document to the Muslims as the Bible is to fundamentalist christians. Both are about as violent. I forget the exact figure, but slightly less than 15% of the US standing forces are fundamentalist christians. Pound for pound, that's more dangerous christians in the world than Muslims.

Muslims are kinda like Koreans. All they wanna do is survive - And if one happens to lose his mind and decide that death is sweet release - Then you've got a dangerous combination.

When these two types of people come together - Well-to-do christians and jews against desperate Muslims the tables are about even. Observe Israel.

I don't think, honestly, that genocide or mass-destruction attacks make the victor any better - But I'm willing to go to confession a little more often if it means my gas is cheaper. Much like the Cheating Culture in the US, this problem can not be solved in a diffident and tyrannical manner - It has to be a matter of cultural revolution. If the US gets to space and merely limits the people that can join them, then you'll see a lot of cultures changing to get to ride the big coaster (if you catch my drift)

-> Steve

Cheating Culture, watch Dennis Miller on March 23rd. I know the author.

To blame this in Islam is ignorant. Islam does not preach this kind of activity, the Qur'an is a very peaceful book not that I imagine many of you have taken the time to read any of it. It preaches that you should never be the aggressor. Just like a true Christian would not support the KKK or Nazis or the Inquisition, a true Muslim does not support any of the terrorist groups that call themselves Muslim. My fiance likes to say "Every crazy has his/her faith."

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 12 2004, 12:24 PM
Islam does not preach this kind of activity, the Qur'an is a very peaceful book not that I imagine many of you have taken the time to read any of it

are you joking??

these are quotes from the Koran:

from "the immunity":

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

from "the women":
[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

come on now, do you still want to say the Koran isn't violent? in my opinion, every religion has it's aspects of violence, but to say that the Koran lacks violence is absurd.

now i'm not blaming the religion itself, i think the combonation of crazy people and hardcore belief always equals disater, regardless of the specific beliefs involved.

The Islamic-backed/Arabic culture should be blamed for this, not Islam itself. It's no coincidence that a vast majority of terrorist attacks and actions have arisen from the Middle East. When you've got dictators like Hussein and governments like the Taliban who support oppression of women, routine violent acts of aggression and disregard for human life, terror as a means of control is a given in everyday life. It's an oppressive society, an oppressive culture and a breeding ground for hate, and will most likely remain that way for some time.

What I'd like to know is why everyone is talking about Muslims? The incident the thread is about was carried out by a Basque serperatist group called the Euskadi Ta Askatuna, or ETA. They are about as Muslim as I am.

Originally posted by complicity+Mar 12 2004, 11:35 AM-->
@Mar 12 2004, 12:24 PM
Islam does not preach this kind of activity, the Qur'an is a very peaceful book not that I imagine many of you have taken the time to read any of it

are you joking??

these are quotes from the Koran:

from "the immunity":

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

from "the women":
[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

come on now, do you still want to say the Koran isn't violent? in my opinion, every religion has it's aspects of violence, but to say that the Koran lacks violence is absurd.

now i'm not blaming the religion itself, i think the combonation of crazy people and hardcore belief always equals disater, regardless of the specific beliefs involved.

First read the entire post and understand before you reply. I never said that the Qur'an lacked violence only that it was a peaceful book. The bible is also a peaceful book but it does not lack violence or prejudice.

Second, the quote from the Immunity that you are using is completely out of context. If you had bothered to read the entire Surah you would know that it is dedicated to dealing with the Arabs that made a peace agreement with the Muslims in Mecca and then broke the agreement. In this case it is justifying the use of force in self defense. Directly before the quote you gave are these verses:

"And an announcement from Allah and His Apostle to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah and His Apostle are free from liability to the idolaters; therefore if you repent it will be better for you, and if you turn back, then know that you will not weaken Allah; and announce painful punishment to those who disbelieve.
Except those of the idolaters with whom you made an agreement, then they have not failed you in anything and have not backed up any one against you, so fulfil their agreement to the end of their term; surely Allah loves those who are careful (of their duty)."

And following the quoted verse is:
"And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know."

Keep in mind that this was written about a battle that was fought ~1500 years ago, as with the Bible and the Torah this are not meant to be read 100% literally but instead for a person to learn from the lives of others.

Third, your second verse is again taken out of context. This surah is about the problems facing the growing Muslim community in Mecca and Medina. This again is not something to be read 100% literally. It lays out the way to deal with those that would force you to stop following Islam or would prevent you from worshipping in the way that you see fit.

Originally posted by Blanco+Mar 12 2004, 08:15 PM-->
@Mar 12 2004, 01:13 PM
What I'd like to know is why everyone is talking about Muslims? The incident the thread is about was carried out by a Basque serperatist group called the Euskadi Ta Askatuna, or ETA. They are about as Muslim as I am.

Current news. ;)

Exactly, the Spain bombing is current news, this thread started about that, and yet everyone is fixated on the fucking Muslims. Muslim is not defined as terrorist, nor is terrorist defined as Muslim.

This happened exactly 911 days after 9/11, on 3/11

That's like saying Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy, Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln, AKA grasping. The other stuff maybe, still circumstantial. I mean really, a van found found fifteen miles away, in a city like Madrid? You left out the detonators they supposedly found in the van, that is much more compelling. And I can't find a letter to Al-Quds Al-Arabi in the news, maybe I am looking in the wrong places, got a link?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 12 2004, 07:07 AM
I think we should do just the opposite (of the bombing and such that was suggested).

No more foreign aid. No more diplomacy. No more forgiveness of debt. No more immigaration. No more policing the globe. We sit in our country, have the times of our lives, and let the world see where they get without us. We make every punk-ass country pay us what they owe, we let terrorists and scumbag dictators roam free. Saddam Hussein, The Taliban and Slobodan Milosevic would still all be in power, killing people by the thousands. No longer can people come here and mooch off our system. If people want to come here on vacation, fine. If they stay longer than a month, we deport them.

Then, to top it all off, we start a national betting lottery to see in what order, and on what dates, each country comes begging to us to resume our position in the world.

:withstupid:
Could not agree more.

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 12 2004, 09:32 PM
This story leaves out the part where bin Laden specifically said that Spain would suffer for its role in the War on Terrorism.

fuck bin laden, I have relatives in Spain near Madrid.

btw, I'm all for B's list of tortures to be done to bin laden, running and hidding like a little bitch. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 13 2004, 05:32 AM

Here you go.

I'm not trying to argue with you, so chill out.

If our own intelligence doesn't know who did it, how do you? Simmer down, chief.

Read the links, both of them and several others, not all mention the statement, or the van, so that's where my problem lays.

And please don't tell me to chill, or simmer down, when I obviously am not getting excited about this. Especially using a condescending quip like "ok chief". I have been very busy taking care of important things in life, and haven't been keeping up with the minute to minute details. And I am not saying I know who did it, but everyone today is sooo riled up on the good ol' terrorism trip that everytime a mosquito sneezes in Sascachuan, then an elephant farts in Nairobi, it must be a terrorist conspiracy.

well, I am just going to make a blanket statement against human nature in general.

There are homicidal fuks. There are religious fanatics. There are stupid people. Who are these people??

Homicidal fuks would be any Bin Ladens....

Religious fanatics are his generals and deputies....

The stupid people are the ones getting talked in to blowing themselves up.

Basically, bin laden is a homicidal maniac that has harnessed human desire for religious belief, turned it into fanaticism, and fooled his followers into killing themselves to enact justice upon the rest of the world.

I know what I am gonna say is going to piss off alot of people, but religion is the main cause of all evil deeds in our human existence. Very few groups came to power to kill others without using religion as a excuse or justification. Unfortunately for Muslims, the strong faith of many Muslims has been harnessed and perverted into a powerful weapon. Forget about womens rights, religious rights or education. Forget about the rights of people on planes, trains and buses to live without harm or fear. It is a backwards mantra. Anybody who says it is the fault of the USA for creating such radicalism should go to the bus stops in Israel where people are slaughtered as they wait for a bus. This is not about USA, Israel or Muslims. It is about sick fukin people controlling dumb people and killing innocent people. Humans. Not jews, christians or whatever.... because WTF does religion really fukin matter anyway?? All religions are so different, whose is "right"??

I know it is wrong to say "carpet bomb" them. Even if many Muslims feel USA is bad, they would never do anything to anybody, so they don't deserve to be carpet bombed. BUT, we all pay the price of a few others actions in life.

Remember, they (terrorists) are only generating fear...... you are still much more likely to die from a car accident or get killed by lightnening. I wish the world would not freak out when these things happen.... the loss of life is minimal...the damage caused by fear is extensive, and that is what they REALLY want...to put fear into you... I hate to "minimalize" the loss of life, it is soooo tragic that this happens to COMPLETELY innocent people...but the reality is 53,000 Americans died from the Flu last year. How many died from terrorism?? Less than 100 or so??

I do feel so bad about what happened, I heard that when the rescuers were looking for survivors and getting bodies, they heard sooo many cell phones on dead bodies ringing. This isn't about politics or religion.... do you think the people at the scene will ever be able to forget this?? What happens when a cell phone rings?? Will they relive this human tragedy in their minds?? I wish it could be stopped. But how?? Religion and Homicidal geniuses aren't going away any time soon. :(

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 13 2004, 11:25 PM
And I feel you on the terror-trips. People in my small-ass farming community seriously think that they're at danger of Anthrax dusting from a crop duster.

:lol:
That had me in tears for some reason... it's all good yO

Back