Moto Has No Spark?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well this is the problem, i have a full Z6 swap in my crx, i used the JKOBD ecu harness and my stock engine harness, i have everythin wired up, i have been workin on this dam thing for like 5 days now and we cant get the engine to spark. i have a MSD external coil cap running to the external coil(obviously). i have power thru the dizzy to the coil and from the coil to the cap but nothing past that, i had bought a cheap rotor from NAPA, it doesnt seem to fit right, it seems taht its not making contact with the posts in the dizzy, if some one were to know whats wrong that would be great,

P.S. i already changed the ICM with a workin one, and im runnin the stock P28 ecu. is that helps

Originally posted by SiR_Redneck@Apr 26 2005, 11:04 PM
well this is the problem, i have a full Z6 swap in my crx, i used the JKOBD ecu harness and my stock engine harness, i have everythin wired up, i have been workin on this dam thing for like 5 days now and we cant get the engine to spark. i have a MSD external coil cap running to the external coil(obviously). i have power thru the dizzy to the coil and from the coil to the cap but nothing past that, i had bought a cheap rotor from NAPA, it doesnt seem to fit right, it seems taht its not making contact with the posts in the dizzy, if some one were to know whats wrong that would be great,

P.S. i already changed the ICM with a workin one, and im runnin the stock P28 ecu. is that helps
[post=491840]Quoted post[/post]​

i always get my rotors from honda. had bad things happen when i got cheap rotors.

well i bought a Honda OEM rotor today and ill try that out, i have power at the external coil, and from it to the dizy, but nothini after that, but ill keep u posted, let me know if u can think of anythin?

well i bought a new Rotor, Cap, ICM, have following grounds: batt to tranny, batt to body, batt to thurmo, valve cover to body. i have fuel comin out like crazy, so i know the injectors work and have no problem there, i have power to the ICM and then to the coil and on the coil tower, but no spark. if anyone knows what im overlooking it would be a great help, been tryin to get spark for 5 days now,

Originally posted by SiR_Redneck@Apr 27 2005, 06:12 PM
well i bought a new Rotor, Cap, ICM, have following grounds: batt to tranny, batt to body, batt to thurmo, valve cover to body. i have fuel comin out like crazy, so i know the injectors work and have no problem there, i have power to the ICM and then to the coil and on the coil tower, but no spark. if anyone knows what im overlooking it would be a great help, been tryin to get spark for 5 days now,
[post=492204]Quoted post[/post]​

any codes?

Originally posted by 1gEF-8+Apr 30 2005, 11:34 AM-->
SiR_Redneck
@Apr 27 2005, 06:12 PM
[post=492204]Quoted post[/post]​

any codes?
[post=493370]Quoted post[/post]​

got spark plugs in?

If the rotor isn't making contact to the pins then it won't fire.

I think you should try a stock dizzy and see what happens.

Back