Motor Mounts help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SeanJohn1802

Alright, for as long as i've owned my Si (1year now) the drivers side motor mount is missing one stud, the other stud is there, but no nut, so far so good though.. sitll ran koo times with it... ANYWAY

i figured with my car about to be in the shop for all the trnany repairs and installs, i might as well spend the extra money and get ALL NEW motor mounts

Here's what i've have found
Spoon Sports - $368 - How good is it? i've heard that most spoon products are just like OEM but exceed OEM quality, is this a good upgrade?

HaSports - $499 - A bit more than the spoon, but are they better than spoons?? is it worth the 5bills?

I've also heard there is "place racing". . (not sure how you spell it) are theirs any good?

1 - Who else is there that makes motor mounts
2 - What would you NA Heads recomment?

again, this is a 2000 civic si

spoon = over priced shit (in this case, its actually cheaper, but no, i just dont like spoon shit)

hasport has been the leader in mounts for awhile, i personally like them

place racing - they're good, some ppl love em, some hate em.

If i'm not mistaken hasport is a solid mouont, meaning it wont flex as much, you'll feel more movement in the engine, OEM is the way if you're just looking for something nice and good.. Engine mounts go bad from dead stop to 150mph runs in a city block long ordeal.

what motor and what car is this associated to?

i used place racing, not bad, no complaints from me but hasport seems to be the top dog of them all

if you can try to get the solid billet mounts.

Originally posted by SeanJohn1802@Dec 28 2003, 05:47 AM
again, this is a 2000 civic si

its going in that car (not to sound/be like an ass by quoting myself)

so far i've heard that spoon isnt that bad...

I’m using Spoon mounts and I love them. They are stiffer then stock and are not just some cheep insert like other brands. They are a complete factor replacement kit. Some people when upgrading to stiffer mounts will not install the rear mount because it puts to much vibration back into the cabin of the car. I tried it both ways with my Spoon mounts and I see no problem with running the rear mount. You get some extra vibration in the wheel but it’s not bad at all. You might not even notice the extra vibration. I highly recommend them if you plan on replacing your mounts. One other brand to consider is Mugen. Very similar to the Spoon mounts.

this was from a user on another board. . .

im just loookin for was good for the money and best as a product (if that made sense)

im very happy with my Hasport mounts

they do vibrate the car alot though

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 29 2003, 04:13 AM
im very happy with my Hasport mounts

they do vibrate the car alot though

you pretty much almost just answered what i was going to post about, but ill post it anyways:

alrite, i was talkin with a friend and found out this much

k so far what ive noticed between them is this.....spon seems to be a direct oem replacements, in the way they work, there a little more solid tho...the spoon mounts arent "solid" so they will absorb most of the engines vibratison, but still give good rigidty and stifness to it...to where hasport ones are solid like that one dude said, so all motor vibrations are moved to car.....

so my question is, does anyone know/have any expierence with how much vibration is sent to the cabin... is it annoying, or how bad is it???

my question to you though sol, is does the vibration sent to the cabin annoy you? or would get it annoying?

a picture says 1000 words.

what's holding your motor? :D

DSC00582.JPG

ok, well, those bolts are OEM. hit up a dealership and have them order you the studs nuts and bolts that you need....

well, i did and it was like 78 bucks, but they wanted tlike some 400 bucks altogether to put it in for me .. (i have people that coudl help me do it) but i figure i might as well get all new motor mounts, my other ones are rusty looking, cuz there is a LONG story behind my car (bought it used)

alrite, thanks for your guys help, i REALLY appreciate your help

decided to go with spoons mounts

Back