motor mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pirk

We pulled 1.5 L engine out of my sons 1995 Honda Civic. We are putting a 1998 B20 engine in the car. My son order after market motor mounts for the engine. The back mount and the pass/side mount bolt up fine.
The driver side mount will not bolt up to the mount on the engine. The bolt holes on the mount on the engine are to far apart. Went got the 1.5 L mount off the engine it is the same. Anybody every have this problem? Need help!

Thanks!
Pirk

Quoted post[/post]]
We pulled 1.5 L engine out of my sons 1995 Honda Civic. We are putting a 1998 B20 engine in the car. My son order after market motor mounts for the engine. The back mount and the pass/side mount bolt up fine.
The driver side mount will not bolt up to the mount on the engine. The bolt holes on the mount on the engine are to far apart. Went got the 1.5 L mount off the engine it is the same. Anybody every have this problem? Need help!

Thanks!
Pirk
well you need to buy mounts specific for the swap if you are going to order new mounts. You need ones for a B20 swapping into a EG civic.

okay the mount on the side of the motor will have to go. get one from a 94-95 integra motor. now im not talking about the mount that goes to the chassie. im talking about the mount that bolts to the motor and then to the mount for the car. I had to get one to put my b16 from my crx into my EG. you will also need the shift linkage and tourqe bar from the integra. last but not least your going to need the rear tirangle mount from the integra. its a real easy swap if you have the stuff. i went all oem mounts no aftermarket. alot of those aftermarket are expensive and dont last as long, or they have the poly mounts in them and make the car rattle like a mofo oh dont forget your ODB1 P75 for the ecu..... i totally forgot your also going to need the front tourqe bars. the d series ones dont line up. you will also need these from the integra. make sure to get both the motor and tranny one. you can get away with not having these but your motor is going to jump around alot more

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. You need the mount off the Integra B18 engine and put it where the B20 one is. Then the mount you bought will work fine.

Back