Motor questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MacGyver33

Alright so I've got a 93 Civic DX Coupe with a piss ant D15B engine and I wanna do a swap to put some balls on it. I would like to turn it into a drifting car someday but don't have the money right now to do all of the mods and conversions. I am looking for a good motor that I can do the swap with that will be good down the road for the drifting. I have been stuck between the B18, B20, and H22. The H22 sounds really nice on paper and doing some mods to grease that pig into my bay sounds like an intriguing challenge but how well would it affect the handling even if I put a decent coil over system and some other suspension mods in? If any of you have any good advice I would really appreciate it.

I also seem to find the H22's to be cheaper to buy online (around 2k), but I don't know much about some of these sites and how reputable they are :blink: . What sites do you guys find the best deals on for engines and other parts?

Your goal, and your ideas don't mesh. If you are interested in drift, get a rwd, if you want a fast sleeper, stockish outside coupe, with a H22.

I would like to turn it into a drifter down the road when I can modify my car to be RWD but for now I want to swap the engine with something good that I can use down the road for drifting. Right now I just want something that can be a nice upgrade from what I have that will give me a nice sleeper and still have decent handling for maybe some Autocross.

Well, I hope you have plenty of cash to throw at this rwd-conversion-swapped-Honda-drifter, because it's going to be the money pit of all money pits.

I hear of people using the Honda CRV Tranny and disconnecting the front drive axles, since the CRV comes with a B20 it has a tranny that mates up with B-series engines, so you would have to look for a B-Series to swap into your car. Tuning your engine for drift. I know the RWD cars, when they tune the engine for drift, they tune the HP and Torque to make a smooth powerband. I wouldn't know about FF, you can only pretty much Side(e)brake drift so it wouldn't really matter that much about power band, just have enough power to swing the car around the corners.

well there is a way to drift with a FF car it takes alot of practice and a lot of rear brakes money and lots of tire money. if you are learning to drift there is something called left braking you need to go in the corner with your left foot taping the brakes it takes alot of getting use to and while you are doing the left foot brakeing you are going to have to be using your rear brake lever to lock the back tires, but here is the thing it is not a pretty drift at all but it will get you thur the corner quicker the left foot braking is for you to shift your wieght and the rear brake is what makes your car slide have fun learning because it is not easy pm me with your email address i can send you a file of some jap racers doing it inside the cockpit for you to see have fun..
but if you really want to put on a show with the drifting you need a FR man that is the way it is

Back