motor swap shops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bartek

i live in chicago area, and i was wondering if anyone knows any good motor swap shops in the area that dont charge too much for swaps....

i called GarageKwai about dropping an H22 into my 96 dx coupe, their quote was $5000......is that what is should be expectiong to pay ??? or is too much ???

thanks for any info

I live near waukesha, wisconsin. I don't know how willing you are to drive and where you live in respect to chicago, but there is a shop "A+ Foriegn" That does swaps and should beable to hook you up for cheaper than that. The shop is like an hour from the border, and easy to get to. Check the site, HandHautoparts.com for more info and then call him or e-mail them. They have done a H22 swap before so I know they can do it. They don't use USDM motors usally, they have a outside the country supplier, JDM usally. It is cheaper most of the time too. LIke I said, call or e-mail MIKE L. -he goes by Bear otherwise. TELL him DARIN sent you. I am good friends with him. _he's my neighbor, and shit.

Darin

Originally posted by bartek@Oct 13 2003, 12:07 PM
i live in chicago area, and i was wondering if anyone knows any good motor swap shops in the area that dont charge too much for swaps....

i called GarageKwai about dropping an H22 into my 96 dx coupe, their quote was $5000......is that what is should be expectiong to pay ??? or is too much ???

thanks for any info

don't go to gargekwai they over charge and take for ever told me 600 for a b16a and said ok then they started to add more or shit and took 3 months I would have done it my self but i was working 2 jobs go to :lol: :lol: unlimited performance :lol: ask for ren they are very cheap and quick they elston by mr.custom call info i don't remder the # go to them they are best out here

:D

Hello guys

Im new in here, and Im from around Chicago too. I got a 92 civic Vx HB with stock motor making an ass whooping 92 hp!!!

Im looking for a shop that can properly swap a b16 motor! if anyone recomends quality shops where they have gone to!
I appreciate all replies!!

Im looking to pay around 2500 for droppin a b16... what should I expect to pay?
thanks guys

good luck to all!!!!! :)

Back