***motor takes a while to start***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
whats good people?? before i go ahead and start my h22 swap i wanna make sure that everythings properely working on my old motor...basically right now i have a stock f22 accord motor and the problem that ive been experiencing for the last 4 months is that when the car is cold or it hasnt run for a day or so, when i go to start it, it dosent start right away. basically whats happening is when i initially start the car in the morning it cranks for about 15 seconds before it starts. but lets say i let it crank for about 5 seconds and stop and then crank it again it starts right away?? in my opinion it seem like a weak fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator, but the car still runs fine and i havent noticed any difference in fuel consumption, overall power or any irregualy engine noise but i could be wrong. im wanna try to correct any problems that im having now before i put the new motor in.

Your enthusiasm is good, but may not help. Trade in the new motor. If it does the same thing, then you know it's the pump. Change the fuel filter when you do the swap. Everything else is on the engine. There is the resistor box too I guess. I haven't heard of one going bad though.

sounds like a bad compersion
ie when it sat and there is no oil there is a weak seal until it cranks and you oil pressure, which helps to create a seal

Replaced your plug wires/cap/rotor/plugs lately? I would check those also.

Back