Mount St. Helens is gonna blow!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
Mount St. Helens is getting pretty darn cranky. Take a look at the progression in these seismograph readings:

Nice and Calm

Getting Noisy

Holy constantly rumbling ground, Batman!

Here's a live image of Mount St. Helens that updates every 5 minutes. If you're reading this and instead of a serene mountain scene you see ash and molten rock, I told you so.

mshvolcanocam.jpg

Scientists are saying it will only affect things within a 3 mile radius. They're more worried about the bowling ball sized rocks that it may shoot out into the air and the ash which may cause problems with air traffic.

I submitted the story to Slashdot and got it posted on the front page about an hour ago. :)

I put a link to my car site in my name, not thinking about the fact that I would slashdot my own site if it got posted. :D

i just remember what happened last time it blew.....

the whole top of the mountain went away.

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Sep 30 2004, 11:28 AM
i just remember what happened last time it blew.....

the whole top of the mountain went away.
[post=396686]Quoted post[/post]​

FYI, it blew out the side of the mountain. but yeah they say it won't be anything like the 1980 eruption which is good.

its not going to blow. I live in oregon and everyone around here says its a load of crap. Who cares if it went up a inch? If it does blow i hope the whole thing goes so i dont have to look at it anymore. That and i hope all of washington gets covered with ash:p

i live in spokane, and my geology teacher is all over it.

they break the danger down into 5 levels, 5=blown up, 1=meh

it went from a 2 to a 4 in two days

that means its supposed to blow up again within the next 2 or 3 days.

i want this explosion to be huge, i want ash over here again.

Maybe it'll blow, maybe it won't. You just never know.

Probably won't affect me though, because I live about 80-120 miles away and the ash won't cover the state like it did last time.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 1 2004, 04:49 PM
All that buildup and it was a little burp <_<

mms://koin.com/10-1-04helens.wmv
[post=397229]Quoted post[/post]​

wtf do i open mms:// with?

your ass...

put it in your webbrowser as a url... or does firefox not know wtf to do with it? :)

Back