Moving to Oregon from Vermont...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll be leaving on September 1st and heading down to Utica, and from there I'll take 90 west out to near Chicago, where I'll pick up 80 west all the way to Salt Lake City. From there, I'll head west on 84, and in Ontario, Oregon, I'll be on Rt. 20 'till I get to Bend.

If any of you live near that route, feel free to set up banners on the overpasses that say stuff like, "Loco Honkey fucking ownz jo0!" or something. Hey, maybe line up on the overpasses and cheer me on like OJ. Most likely, I'll have a few smokies in tow. :p

Congrats on the move to my home state. While I generally advise against people polulating my homeland, I guess it's a little too late for that now.
Welcome to the state of four seasons, with no sales tax, nor self service gas stations. Where trees only count if 1. you can smoke them or 2. there 100ft tall or more. We ask only that you don't harbor any Californians for the duration of your stay.

I was out there in February and LOVED it. Don't worry; I'm not going to ruin it. And what's the deal with the lack of self serve gas? And I agree about Cali- the only thing that's worth anything that comes out of Cali comes out of Humbolt County. :)

Where in OR are you?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jul 22 2003, 09:09 PM
LOL i live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I dunno if thats heading in your direction or not. come on by

Well, if you wanna come up and meet me up by Freemont, where 27 and 80/ 90 intersect...

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 22 2003, 09:13 PM
I was out there in February and LOVED it. Don't worry; I'm not going to ruin it. And what's the deal with the lack of self serve gas? And I agree about Cali- the only thing that's worth anything that comes out of Cali comes out of Humbolt County. :)

Where in OR are you?

1. There seems to be alot less self serv gas stations after they OUTLAWED them :lol:

2. Cali was great (in the 60's), problem was it was ruined by to many ppl hearing about how great it was and moving there, thus my stance on ppl moving to my beloved state.

3. I'm not :( . Worse then that I'm in Abilene Freekin Texas and I can't leave cause I'm in the military. I lived in a small town called Lebanon before I joined the service, before that I lived in Portland. I plan to move to Springfield (eugene) when I get out.

Oh and if you like quads check out "compitition hill" in Florence (over by North Bend) it's a 400ft sand wall with woops at the bottom, they listed in in Maxim's "top ten summer spots you haven't heard of" last summer. Labor day weekend is insane there!!!

1) Why'd they outlaw them?

2) Well, I hear that eastern Oregon offers plenty of solitude. :)

I heard rumblings of Competition Hill... I'll definetly have to check that out.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 22 2003, 09:39 PM
1) Why'd they outlaw them?

2) Well, I hear that eastern Oregon offers plenty of solitude. :)

I heard rumblings of Competition Hill... I'll definetly have to check that out.

don't know, it's a good scource of income for ppl without an education though, min wage in oregon is 6.50/hr

Eastern Oregon=Desert, with the exception of Penelton (sp?), it doesn't really count as part of the state. It's nothing like the rest of the state, but it does show you can get whatever climate you like living there. I'm a valley guy, always have been, always will be.

But Enjoy, I can't think of anywhere else I'd want to be

Back