mpfi ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicracer04

Can I use a pr4 ecu from a 90 integra do the mpfi swap on my 88 dx, also can I use the injectors and resistor box from a b20a5 (89 prelude)? Is there anything special I need to consider since my car is an auto and the ecu is from a manual.

Yes, prelude resistor box and injectors would work, I dont know what size the prelude injectors are, should be 240cc, but im not sure. If so they will work fine. I dont however suggest running that engine off a PR4 if its a SOHC. Itll run pig rich and stink all the time. You could run that ecu with a set of 85-87 civiccrx 195cc injectors but it still run on the rich side.

Yes, prelude resistor box and injectors would work, I dont know what size the prelude injectors are, should be 240cc, but im not sure. If so they will work fine. I dont however suggest running that engine off a PR4 if its a SOHC. Itll run pig rich and stink all the time.

the prelude injectors attached to the b20a5 are 240cc units so they will work just fine.

You could run that ecu with a set of 85-87 civic/crx 195cc injectors but it still run on the rich side.

it would actually be running lean

I dont however suggest running that engine off a PR4 if its a SOHC. Itll run pig rich and stink all the time.

agreed. don't run your sohc with the ls ecu. it will run rich, you'll lose power in comparison to the proper ecu, and your gas mileage will suffer.

Back