MPFI swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89civicsnatch

I recently did the mpfI swap on my EF DX. Im throwing a code 3, 4, 10. 3 is map, 4 is CKP, And 10 is IAT. I have switched the wires around on the IAT and put another one on there. Still do difference. all my vacumm lines are run. OH and when I drive it it wont rev past 3100 rpms it cuts out and bogs. at an idle it sounds like it has a gnarly cam. any ideas.

are you sure you have the right connector plugged into the IAT - 2-wire connector with red/yellow and green/white wires - code 3 is probably being caused by the IAT - code 4 is why it won't rev up - do you have OEM distributor or aftermarket? - a lot of aftermarket distributors have the orange and white wires for the crank sensor switched inside the distributor (orange goes to where white should go and white goes to where orange should go) - try switching the orange and white wires in the connector - check all of the distributor wiring connections - could also be a bad distributor

Ok I got it figured it out. the dizzy was wired backwards from oem. I used a new distributor and none of the wire colors were right on the new dizzy. I had to repin 4 wires. this was caussing all the problems. Thanx for your help.

Back