msd 6al

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently got a MSD 6al ignition and a holley high horse fuel pump for nothing. I was just wondering if i should expect any gains out of these add-ons. My car is a 95 civic DX with a 95 Ls motor, with aem short ram, full N1, DC headers, skunk 2 intake manifold, b&m FPR, str fuel rail, and a stock clutch. The ignition guide says i can change my rev limiter to up to 8,000, is there anything i should watch out for if i do this, or should i just leave it. i plan on trying out auto-x soon if that helps at all.
thanks,
Tom

Make sure you get a Blaster 2 external coil and MSD cap to top off the 6AL. Should work well for you.

Umm, isn't 8,000 rpm's kind of high for the stock bottom end for an LS with your above mods?

Someone, correct me if I am wrong.

i honestly couldnt tell you, that is why i was asking, i just wanted to know what my limits are with what i have. But i just ordered l/c JE pistons and crower rods. Anyone have any ideas on a valve train?

For the nonVed B motors I say crower for cams. Personally I wouldn't put that shit in, your better off selling it online and getting some money from kid who buys it from you. Then taking that money and putting it into your cams or a clutch.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 6 2003, 05:33 PM
For the nonVed B motors I say crower for cams. Personally I wouldn't put that shit in, your better off selling it online and getting some money from kid who buys it from you. Then taking that money and putting it into your cams or a clutch.

i agree

owm ignition all the way.

and an ls head not only wont make power poast 7,000, it will blow up trying to hit 8000

you know anyone interesting in buying a brand new MSD 6al? More about the cams, i just started piecing together a turbo kit(actually i only have the intercooler and piping so far), what should i do for cams?
Any other ideas on what i should do for the turbo? I was looking into the Precision SC-34? The kit isnt going on until this winter, so money really isnt an issue

Thanks

Back