MSD caps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

What's the difference between MSD's Extreme cap and the normal ones? On Jegs they have the Extreme listed for just $5 more than the regular one.

if im right in what you are talking about...one retains the internal coil design, the extreme allows for an external coil.

Well, in the pics it shows the regular Pro Caps having the external post/socket for an external coil. The only thing different that I see is the Extreme has some sort of black plug/nub thats on the opposite side of the Pro Cap and the Extreme also has that thing to keep the plug boots from coming loose.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, in the pics it shows the regular Pro Caps having the external post/socket for an external coil. The only thing different that I see is the Extreme has some sort of black plug/nub thats on the opposite side of the Pro Cap and the Extreme also has that thing to keep the plug boots from coming loose.

I just switched caps from the Pro cap to the Extreme cap, I burnt the pro. Anyways, the difference is that hold down you mentioned, THICK solid brass posts/tips, and instead of the wires pushing into the holes they snap on like the coil wire does. I really like it, its allot better then the pro cap.

Thanks, that helped me make my decision; Extreme it is!

btw, did you notice any improvements in part-throttle or idle?

Back