Mugen Chipped ECU, good or bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bought a '91 Civic Hatch with the B16A in it and it came with a Mugen Chipped ECU. The motor is pretty much stock except for a 4-2-1 header and an intake. Is the ECU even worth haveing? I burn up so much fuel and my plugs keep going out. I was told it dumps in around %20 too much fuel. Should i buy different plugs to burn up the fuel or just get a stock ECU from a GSR or ITR? What would u guys do?

You're going to get the best performance on a stock engine with a stock ECU. That is unless you tune using some aftermarket mangement system (hondata, uberdata, chrome, etc)

oh yeah, the ECU you want is for the JDM b16a, either the PW0(acceptable) or the PR3(better)

all that so called mugen chip does is increase your fuel maps.....and gets rid of rev limiter......just a waste of a chip.......where are you located if your really looking for the best performace out of your car i can set u up with a chipped pm6 and tune your car the right way

Back