Musicians

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwonder how an acoustic guitar would sound in carbon fiber

Quoted post[/post]]
If they're anything like Rocket Shell Drums, farbon ciber drums made is Sacramento, they'll be loud as fuck and completely void of any "life".

In that case, I assume that you've used them :)

stupid cf chello @ terrible website) [post=567174 said:
Quoted post[/post]]"The shortcomings of wood in the construction of instruments are easily identified:

(1) In the 16th and 17th centuries, when stringed instrument making became an art form, materials such as carbon fiber and epoxy were unavailable. (which is not a disadvantage)

(2) Today, however, it is advantageous to use various combinations of fibers, weaves, resins and cores to not only match the strength and stiffness of well-aged wood, but to exceed them.

The Quintus cello combines this technology with the beauty of the traditional shape to completely overcome the disadvantage<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">s</span> of wood construction listed above.
What a bunch of morons. I would never play a cf stringed instrument. Shit, I'd never rock a cf air-guitar.
Wood has the required strength and resonance abilities, without which, your acoustic instrument would not be nearly as loud, nor would it sound the same. Its like using plastic church bells, its the wrong material.

This is hillarious...

I went to their dealer page. I was trying to figure out how much these bastards cost. Just out of curiosity. Half the dealer links are broken. NONE of the dealers are answering their phones, its all "leave a message and we won't call you back" And of the half whose links were working, NONE listed the price.. All of em say "call for price"

So, I called the manufacturer and got a number to "tony".. This is the single fucker that actually builds these bastards. A short conversation later I've found that depending on what "features" and finish I would like, these can run anywhere from $3000 up to $10,000. Which I believe is entirely acceptable for a high end insturment.

If any of you need Tony's number, Its 928-554-0229. He also stated that if the price was "too high" He has some that have been built to other's specifications that he would sell cheaper.

Nice guy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
uni-directional carbon fiber :) cool it looks like my leg :)

so wait.. did you have a leg amputated, or is the cf just replacing bone//etc?

lol no.. 80% of his leg is still his leg...
he's got a CF brace though for when he roller blades or whatever...

100% of my leg is still my real leg (actually probly a little over 100% due to bone regrowth and such)
the only metal i have in me is the 16 or so screws in my face :)
but yeah the CF is a brace i made for myself so that i can rollerblade and stuff :)

@ phyregod:

You have far too much time on your hands.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

100% of my leg is still my real leg (actually probly a little over 100% due to bone regrowth and such)
but yeah the CF is a brace i made for myself so that i can rollerblade and stuff :)
whats teh brace for, your knee?

neat. my friend has a fake leg..well the bottom half, everything from the top of the knee joint down. Its full 100% carbon fiber, light as hell and strong too lol, he played varsity soccer and would kick it off his leg during some plays lol, definately a distraction.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

whats teh brace for, your knee?

nah it wraps around my lower leg from just below the knee to the ankle
i got a type 3* compound tib / fib fracture in a bike accident, about 2-3 inches my tibia was shattered about mid shin area (yes im serious...shattered... it looked like someone threw a coffee cup against the wall)... so i made the brace to give added strength and support to the tibia, so it can handle the side pressure, and to protect it from impacts (crazy ass nerve damage, some areas i cant really feel at all, others a simple tap will have me on the ground)

*Type III. Severe skin wound with extensive devitilised soft tissue and embedded foreign material caused by high velocity trauma.

Back