My 1990 celica GT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

Not sure if you guys remember me posting about my situation with my winter car i bought on ebay...Quick recap...bought a 1990 5spd toyota celica GT 2.2l 98k miles on ebay $4930 shiped from FL to CT...turned out to me a sorta lemon, mechanically speaking...Bad Headgasket, Clutch...Anyways i disputed the charge and back Feb 28th the CC company credited me on my card and went after him for the money..he had 45 days to come get the car, but he still owed me $1000 for the cash downpayment i made...so bottom line...i have the car for 1 and now its mine....

Well i ran into a friend of mines lil brother at a gas station...told him my situation..turns out he works on celicas and hondas all the time...So he tested my engine...i need a new head and gasket...and ...so i bought one of Ebay..320 shipped fully assembled with 12 month warranty and a new head gasket kit 88 dollars shipped..the clutch might not be as bad as i thought...but if so thats only another 130 bucks...he;s gonna do all the work for me for the super cheap at his garage

Its in great shape cosmeticaly with 17" wheels and RSL Villain Rims Gunmetal color...

Definitly a good ending to this story

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 28 2005, 02:40 PM
nice dude!
[post=492622]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeha Bri Maybe you know him....Josh Klimas? He's from Bristol

werd, sounds like you made out well...

but watch out for that guy coming back at you later on...

and nice work with the CC company... :thumbsup:

yeah, i know him... brother joel...
we went to high school with them

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 28 2005, 06:53 PM
holy shit!  a 2:1 scale image :p
[post=492741]Quoted post[/post]​

to lazy to resize lol thats why i posted links :)

Did you feel that wind we had....it was like hurricane wind..it happened right after i took those pics outside...

lol- yeah.

brandon came by to pick up my 3" exhaust... all of a sudden, its windy as fuck.

as we're trying to load it into his civic, it starts downpouring. lmao. fucking weather

nice, my brother had a gts that was the same color. it was pretty cool, but hes a fucking dumbass and drives drunk all the time, and lets people who are drunk drive his car and his friend succeded in crashing into a telephone pole. hes had like 5 cars and fucked them all

1. celica gt - crashed into a wall cause someone cut him off and he flipped out. he "says" the guy hit him but the cops said there was no evidence of that.
2. celica st - crashed into a curb, damaged the suspension, fixed it sold it
3. saturn something- ran it into the ground, blew the radiator like 5 times.
4. celica gts - let friend drive it, crashed into a telephone pole
5. prelude - rearended someone cause he was playing with the radio and not paying attention

hes curently riding a 97 accord, but with him as the driver its a ticking timebomb.

but nice score man, so how much money did you actually get back? any word on if that guy made any attempt to get the car back or if the CC company got their money from him? after getting your money back, what did you pay out total for this car?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 29 2005, 01:59 AM
nice, my brother had a gts that was the same color. it was pretty cool, but hes a fucking dumbass and drives drunk all the time, and lets people who are drunk drive his car and his friend succeded in crashing into a telephone pole. hes had like 5 cars and fucked them all

1. celica gt - crashed into a wall cause someone cut him off and he flipped out. he "says" the guy hit him but the cops said there was no evidence of that.
2. celica st - crashed into a curb, damaged the suspension, fixed it sold it
3. saturn something- ran it into the ground, blew the radiator like 5 times.
4. celica gts - let friend drive it, crashed into a telephone pole
5. prelude - rearended someone cause he was playing with the radio and not paying attention

hes curently riding a 97 accord, but with him as the driver its a ticking timebomb.

but nice score man, so how much money did you actually get back? any word on if that guy made any attempt to get the car back or if the CC company got their money from him? after getting your money back, what did you pay out total for this car?
[post=492877]Quoted post[/post]​

Well Technically I really only forked out 1k cash...the rest was put on a Credit card, in which i made 0 payments on, because as soon as i found out about the car i immediately put in a claim for fraud purchase on my CC.. That was back in December...The CC Company Credited me Feb 28 and said he had 45 days to get the car..i told them he still owed me 1000 dollars cash so he is not getting the car back unless i get my cash...he didn't want to give me my money back..sooooo...45 days later he made no attempts..so Car = mine for 1k...i'll prolly spend 800 fixing it up with a new head and head gasket kit, and a new clutch. My buddy says he knows tons of people looking for celicas of my year..and after he is done fixing it i could easily get 3-4k for it

Back