My 1992 civic "Phantom project" Just rolled off into the sunset.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Sold it. Kid from NM came and picked it up. Its in good hands though, he has a B16 waiting for it when it gets home.

She's gone. Down to one honda now :( (well, acura anyway)

Ah well, I have a new jeep to play with :D

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo w/upcountry suspension group.
(4x4 of course)

Already put 31 inch A/T tires on it.. 2" lift incoming this weekend. After that it should sit about 4" higher than a normal jeep.

I had to have something to haul the kiddos and camping gear in, as well as tow/launch my boats.

phyregod said:
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo w/upcountry suspension group.
(4x4 of course)

Already put 31 inch A/T tires on it.. 2" lift incoming this weekend. After that it should sit about 4" higher than a normal jeep.

I had to have something to haul the kiddos and camping gear in, as well as tow/launch my boats.
5.9 liter? WJs are nice. i almost bought the exact same thing as you got, in black w/ that gold trim and wheels. i ended up finding my XJ though, and it was 3 years newer and like a grand less so i went with it. i wish i woulda got the other one though.

If you couldn't afford / finish a Honda project, then an offroad project is more out of reach.

That's what I learned.

Now, I'm off to buy a new car. See ya.

Bah, $$ isnt a problem.. its a kids+gear+boat problem.

and the '98 is a ZJ. And no, I didnt go for the 5.9.. I like the 4.0L six better. Great power, less weight, slightly better gas mileage (not that 16mpg is anything to brag about), and damn near bullet proof. Aftermarket support is way better as well.

yea ZJ, i knew that, not sure what i was thinkin. The thing that pisses me off about the 4.0 is the mileage. the ZJ Limiteds have about 250 hp and 350 tq, and get about the same mileage, and the 4.0 is 150/250. wtf? oh well i guess that gives me a good reason to build a 4.6 stroker down the road;)

oh and check out NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association - Powered by vBulletin . yea i know its not an XJ, but you can find a lot of 4.0 tech stuff there, and theres different chapters all over.

Last edited:
phyregod said:
I've been trolling around http://www.jeepforum.com for jeep info.. not too bad, not too good either. Can we get a Jeepswap.com? lol.

not my market, and too much competition out there already.... don't think it would be a valuable resource, considering i know nothing about them

The up country suspension package is full of nice surprises. I didnt even know it had it until I got it home. I looked it up and it comes with heavy duty skid plates for the front, transfer case/exhaust and a giant one that covers the entire gas tank. As well as better springs and shocks and a 1" higher ride height. All from the factory.

and no rear sway bar. atleast thats on the XJ's. I guess because of the 1" higher height, they didn't put a rear sway on there.

Back