my 91 civic dx delima..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

draconx

ok guys i have a problem. i have a 1991 honda civic dx. its ALL STOCK (its my gas milage car) anyways it didnt pass smog. i did a compression check and 3/4 the cylinders are good (there was a dead one on the last cylinder) anyway. so i have decided to just get a new motor. however i made a booboo lol..

the motor i got was the D15Z1. the one that is in my car is the D16y1/2/3/4/5 (not sure exactly... its the non vtec 91 dx (dual point) one) anyways here smy problem. i have to have a car that will pass smog.. thats all i care about. so being that the z1 motor is obd1 and i have an obd0 car what should i do? i cant just swap the mani over can i? (cuase its got the vtec solenoid/obd1 dizzy) or should i just get the obd1 stuff (ecu and harness) and swap it in that way?..

what all would i need to swap it over? how much would it cost and would it really be worth ti?.

i paid 150 for the motor.. all i want is a STOCK motor so i can pass smog.

or should i just keep tryin to find a dual point motor

let me know what you guys thing.. thanks

- shane

ps. i live in CALIFORNIA..

dude, if this is your daily driver/ beater don't start messing around with swapping it with a motor cause you would have to change the wiring to the motor and the ECU. just find the right motor that goes in it and drop it right in. easiest way

hes right you shud just get an obd0 d series motor and put it in thereit would be a lot easier like he said you wont have to fuck around with anything and if you find one with low enough miles it shoudl pass no problem and when you do get a motor go mpfi its so much nicer

word get an a6 from an si convert to mpfi and youll be set

If you have a D16 in your DX Civic, then it sounds like it's already been swapped. To the best of my knowledge, DX civics came with the DPFI D15B2.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

they did but its the same block but a differnt bore and the mpfi is better for preformance the transmission will still bold up to your d15 trans
and the mpfi conversion isnt that hard

Back