my accord will crank but not start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
ok, i have a 91 accord and all it will do is crank and not start. i replaced the thermostat and went down the drive way and died, then i geuss pop started again and then it acted like it ran out of gas and died. it has a full tank of gas also. so then all it will do is crank but not start. unlike a lot of post i have seen where it starts sometimes and sometimes it wont, mine just wont start. i replaced the

---MAP sensor
---starter
---main relay
---all the other components in the control box where the MAP sensor is

im thinkin maybe my distributor went to hell, but it still cranks like normal.

please i need answers
thank you:(

Have you checked to make sure your getting fuel to all injectors. Making sure your getting spark to all the plugs. ????

Fuel fire and air starts a motor. You got power . No fuel or fire.

Getting any cells.

hey, i am pretty sure im not getting any CELs.....it seems to be cranking kinda slow but i dont know. im geussing maybe its the ignition coil, because i did not replace that yet, once i can i will.

easy

you need to consider battery voltage, and the alternator. those are the most common problems.

Otherwise you could be looking at something like a cracked head or blown head gasket.

Oh yeah, dont forget the fuel pump.

so i have an extra accord thats a 92 ex so it has the f22a6 motor. so im ganna get the head, head gasket, the stock 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, and intake manifold, o yea nd the throttle body. i dont have a hoist but i can do all that work without the hoist. so ill get bak to ya bout that and o yea speaking of my extra car, im selling parts off of it. as of now everything is available (all stock). email me for questions bout prices or just curious bout the stuff im selling. shorty54545@yahoo.com

Im with the basics. You still havent said if you have spark and fuel. Those are the best places to start if you are cranking and not starting. If you have fuel and spark then I would take a look at the cam crank sensor. Start with the basics so you dont spend a lot of money on parts you dont need.

thanks

hey, thank you for everyone that posted on this thread to help me. it actually was what "codes" said. he said to check the ground under the thermostat. and that just so happend to be it, but everyone thank you for your help.......now i also have an auto accord thats a 91 and what im ganna see is if i can swap trannys so i can have the car i want with the 5spd lol

Back