my B18c FI engine build-up.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm going turbo over the winter. and my B18c needs new rings. so... it's time for the FI rebuild. :D

head:
-stock
-P&P
-3 angle valve job
-victorX IM(have already)
-skunk2 adjustable cam gears(have already)
-powdercoated 'red' w/ the stock black valve cover

block:
-sleeved and honed
-84mm low compression pistons(JE, eagle, crower, ARIAS, it really depends on the price!)
-forged rods(eagle most likely)
-new bearings, rings, and everything else
-ARP studs and fasteners
-powdercoated 'black'

now i will be getting a T3/T4 hydrid turbo and peicing together my own turbo setup. i plan on going with 15-20 psi. all depending if i can keep the power to the ground!!hehe
i know i will need to upgrade my clutch and axles. i am going to get my tranny rebuilt and have a LSD installed.

so what do you think of my B18c FI build-up?
do i need to add anything? take away something? etc...?

thanks

i think you should not powdercoat the block.

as for the turbo build, well, you really don't have much of anything of a build there.

but once again, you missed the most important part. fuel, and fuel management.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2004, 02:41 PM
i think you should not powdercoat the block.

as for the turbo build, well, you really don't have much of anything of a build there.

but once again, you missed the most important part. fuel, and fuel management.
[post=412027]Quoted post[/post]​

why not powdercoat the block? i like to be different.

and what do you mean i don't have much of a build there? what should i change then? or add?

on the fuel i didn't think to list that. but i will be useing a walbro in-tank fuel pump.

be different; hook up a hyundai :p jk. wouldnt the powder coat melt off the block?

powerdcoating a block is a bad idea. if you want it to look clean, just paint it flat black with ENGINE paint. yes, there is such a thing. but even still, that was for iron blocks. we have aluminum blocks.

a pump is great. but it will do nothing for you with out the other thigns i listed above.

what sol is saying is...... you can build the baddest setup, but you didn't mention any fuel management, like hondata or a 3bar map, or a boost dependant fuel regulator. I know about that stuff and I'm an all-motor guy. You need to do some more research and not ask everyone to build an engine for you. You have a better chance of specific questions gettiing answered well.

Originally posted by 97CTR@Nov 4 2004, 06:54 PM
what sol is saying is...... you can build the baddest setup, but you didn't mention any fuel management, like hondata or a 3bar map, or a boost dependant fuel regulator. I know about that stuff and I'm an all-motor guy. You need to do some more research and not ask everyone to build an engine for you. You have a better chance of specific questions gettiing answered well.
[post=412210]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm not asking anyone to 'build' my engine for me!! i figured i'd post what i will be doing to my engine. figureing maybe i missed something or i need to take something off my list!!

if anyone read my signature. i am running Uberdata. i will be doing datalogging with it.

ok so powdercoating is a bad idea. i didn't know that. then high temp engine paint it is then.

alright sorry man, I didn't read your sig... just your post. You may want to think about a wideband O2 if you are tuning yourself.

pissedoffsol: why is not my FI engine build a turbo build? if there's things i need to change and add. let me know before i buy things that i shouldn't have!!

thanks

Originally posted by The WORLD is yours...@Nov 5 2004, 11:26 AM
pissedoffsol: why is not my FI engine build a turbo build? if there's things i need to change and add. let me know before i buy things that i shouldn't have!!

thanks
[post=412511]Quoted post[/post]​

What brian is saying is that you didn't list any engine management, any injectors, no fuel rail, no FPR, (yes brian, we know you think those last two are worthless) whether you plan on running a FMU or something like Hondata, etc... Ya know, fuel, the important stuff in FI cars... :thumbsup:

ok cool. i know thats all needed. i was mainly looking for input on the actual engine build. see if i got the 'right' things needed for my engine build. thats why i didn't list 'everything' that is needed for the FI.

thanks

rods and pistons are always a plus... but i'd rather have a hondata with some good injectors and a pump on a stock block than rods/pistons and an fmu :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2004, 04:33 PM
rods and pistons are always a plus... but i'd rather have a hondata with some good injectors and a pump on a stock block than rods/pistons and an fmu :)
[post=412741]Quoted post[/post]​

to run 15-20 psi everyday of the week?
well i'll have different settings for the driving. for drag i'll be useing 20psi, for autoX i'll be useing 8-10psi, for daily driving i'll be using 8-10-12psi depending what i want to do that day!hehe

yup, even every day of the week. i'd rather have a nice solid tune and stock parts (proven to hold 300 whp reliably) than built with pistons and rods and skimping on fuel management (blows up 50% of the time at 250whp)

your choice. obviously, the best is BOTH parts.

ok cool, i'll look into going with hondata, zdyne, AEM ect.. with my setup. see which would be better to go with in the long run!(known working systems or Uberdata)

thanks

if you're obd1, don't use zdyne. its made for obd0 cars.

uber/hondata is the way to go IMO for a nicely built street car

i thought you were against Uberdata?
did i miss read what you wrote!?!

ok for my fuel/engine management i will be useing:
-walbro in-take fuel pump
-B&M f.p.r and f.p.g
-DSM 440 injectors or maybe RC injectors
-Uberdata with datalogging(i'll have all the needed parts to do so)

is that good? or should i change something? add something? etc..?

thanks

Back