My birthday present.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
Here is the back story. Last year I received a 1911 for my birthday from my father. After that I decided that I would like to conceal and carry. So this past Wednesday the 23rd I went to my local gun shop and put in my paper work for a new Glock 30. Because I didn't not have my CPL yet I had to wait the mandatory 5 days. The following day I went to the courthouse to apply for my CPL or Conceal pistol license. Through some strange twist of luck I ended up walking out that same afternoon with my CPL in hand. I didnt not have to wait the 3-5 weeks for the paper work to be processed. Now with the story out of the way here are a few pictures.

l_9d10a5adff60c68ee7ae77a18462ff37.jpg

l_39f75ad772c974163169081842aae09f.jpg

the glock 30 is nice. I also like the glock 27. nice little gun.

Yeah.. I love my G19.

I would have gone with a 9mm with such a small gun.. That 45 is going to be all over the place when you shoot it. But, to each his own.

Glock is a great firearm . I still prefer my desert eagle .50 ae. I know its alot bigger than most firearms. You have to think of the durability of the gun also . Your in a hot battle . I ll take my 7 round eagle over that communist 10 rd glock anyday . But different floats for different boats.

Spoken like someone influenced by entertainment. :D

Hardly my friend. In all honesty . I own several firearms. Overall the eagle is the most reliable, also packs a punch . Now let me ask you , if you have a cwp. Why carry a firearm and not expect to use it. You never know when the shit hits the fan. I believe that all men should have the right to bare arms. Ones that arent criminals. T.v. Has no effect on how I feel about firearms.

About the communist comment , Thats to the worst president in history , Manufactures can not produce firearms with more ammunition than the police. I have a Tarus 9mm , 20rd clip, Only because it was made before the law. But these type of guns are getting harder and harder to come by. When I buy a small hand gun , I feel like 10rds just is not enough .

And yes I am a good shot .. 98% on CCW.

Like I said I apprecaite the 1911 models. I own an orginal from wwII. Just making a statement , there is better guns out there.

In Washington you do not have to prove any sore of efficiency it is pretty much a shall issue state. Don't commit any felonies and you are fine. I shot close to 500 rounds out of the 30 before I bought it. I actually have rather small hands so the fatter grip fills my hand nicely. Ill be breaking it in here shortly. I really like the Galco holster as well. The break in was actually really short too. Also if the finish on the holster looks shitty its actually an in the waist band holster hence the ruff look.

Hey boostedf22 You contradicted your self. In one post you state that 7rounds of .50cal is more then enough then you follow that up with a comment saying that 10rounds is not enough. Also magazine size depends on what your local laws dictate. I can walk down to my local range tommrow and pick up a 33 round magazine for a 9mm Glock.

Last edited:
If I had the cash I would be all over a Kimber. I have spent hours and hours researching what I wanted. I also rented many different makes and models so I had a damn good idea what I wanted. I went out and shot it today, it still needs a little more breaking in. Glocks really sweetin up around 1000 rounds or so. I am very happy with my choice.

The 30 plus my IWB Galco holster = Smooth Sailing all day. I can even pull off just wearing a large shirt and it isnt to noticeable. You really have to look to notice any thing is diffrent.

glock = overrated, not a bad gun just over rated and over priced. As far as the proficency test goes it's a great idea in principel but in a real life situation where you would be firing it, target practice dosent count. Hopefully I'll never find out but you'll never know how you'll handle a situation till it arises. I'm sure it's much harder to aim and remember to squeese not pull if someone has one pointed at you.

that's my whole point. most people who own guns don't practice, and of those who do practice most don't practice how to handle a real life situation. I shoot often, 50 yd range in the backyard but again that is in a controlled situation. sitting at a bench or shooting offhand at stationary paper targets. shooting at a real live human being who is not stationary, shooting from a possibly unorthodox stance, while addreline is pumping.... you get the picture. Again I believe that is the type of thing no one really knows how they will perform untill put in that situation. Sure everyone will talk shit, but when it comes down to it how many can actually back it up.<----- That goes for a lot of things not just guns (fist fights races video games just to name a few)

My reason for buying a glock was simple. I shot it, I liked it, I liked very thing about it. Also when over 50% of law enforcement issues glocks there is a reason for that. I didnt buy it because it was the cool gansta thing to have. Also training is every thing. I understand its different when it comes down. That is why you go take classes on situational awareness and threat management. You have to have the mindset that conveys the fact that yes you will in fact shoot to kill someone. Good learned reactions are great. Everyone practices for a reason, because it prepares you for the real thing. Blanco's example already illustrated that fact.

Back