My broke civic help !!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Billz1987

Hey how y'all doing just joined I think ! Not really good wi websites ! I've got a civic type R and a couple of problems 1 is reving up and down wene idle I've heard it could b a conrtol valv or sumin ? Not really good wi engines and next problem is the srs light is on and the horn doesn't work soo is it time to put it in to Honda and get shafted or what ??????

idle, first check coolant, low coolant causes surging idle
next check/clean IAC
next, remove fast idle thermo valve from bottom of throttle body, remove 3 phillips screws and tighten big flathead inside all the way to seat plunger

horn, check fuses first, then check the actual horns and see if they are there, plugged in, getting power (test light), check grounds
if they are not getting power, then check the steering wheel to see if the switch is even hooked up, aftermarket wheel? jdm wheel?

SRS light could be any number of things
most likely is a jdm wheel with no airbag, just a hunch
could be the srs computer or one of the sensors, will prob need a dealer scan unless one of your local auto stores has a ballin ass scanner and will let you scan your srs code

also, you should put your threads in the correct places.
the members lounge is not for any tech posts.

i moved it for you, next time it will probably just get locked and over looked.

good luck, i hope somebody has the answer you need.

Back