My car finally passed emissions!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SasSi

Ok, so it didn't really pass. Failed the first time due to OBD-II communication failure. My car is OBD-I since I did my swap & since I'm running the Hondata, so clearly when they try to hook up an OBD-II scanner, it's not going to communicate.

Luckily, my friend works at a shop & was able to write up a repair invoice for me. So when I came back to re-take the test, it failed again because their computer couldn't communicate with mine. I gave them the invoice & they gave me a waiver!

I know my car would have passed the regular emissions test, but in MD all 96+ cars just get hooked up to a computer instead of having to do the treadmill & sniffer test. They refused to test my car the old way... so fuck the system!!

lol in missouri... they look under your car and say... yup you got a cat.... you pass emissions LOL half the cars around here dont even have cats...

and people bitch about CA, you guys have the same shit going on we do.

Slammed90lude-We have emissions in pa?? I had to put a new o2 sensor in to pass.

Originally posted by B16@Apr 1 2004, 10:26 AM
and people bitch about CA, you guys have the same shit going on we do.

Maryland is nothing like CA when it comes to smog testing

I could have a 454 big block under the hood of my civic as long as there is no check engine lights, have cats, and it passes the sniffer test its good to go

in CA they would pop the hood and call the cops lol

MD on OBD2+ cars they have to have an OK from the comptuer pretty much the same thing as having no check engine light but done with a computer

you can swap ANY MOTOR into ANYCAR as long as it is of the same year as the chassis or newer and even if its older they NEVER check as long as it passes smog they do not care

MD>CA

Back