my clutch...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

I have an exedy organic clutch...basically a stock clutch. i have about 160 miles on it. Just recently my clutch is grabbin extrmely hard, with no play or give. i tried to easy up the clutch as slightly as possilbe but then it just grabs hard as fuck. i dont understand..this is a basically stock clutch. y is it grabbing so hard..im confused :shrug2:...is something wrong with the clutch?

...when i take off either i buck(if i dont gas it) hard as hell or my wheels just spin...stop lights own me :(

I think your just bad at lightweight flywheels. Have you gone through the whole 500 miles of braking in your clutch (keeping it below 3300 RPM's?)

is this like all of the sudden? maybe the release fork came off the pivot?

Originally posted by B16@Jan 26 2004, 05:45 PM
is this like all of the sudden? maybe the release fork came off the pivot?

nah its not that bad...it feels like i have like a street/race clutch. i had stage 3 act on my old teg, feels the same...im worried cuz i only used a orgainc clutch this time..o well

Man. You're chirping the tires? I didn't even do that with my bro's 359 whp and ACT 6-puck, unsprung clutch. Not sure what the hell is acting up on your clutch so can't be of assistance.

break her in, as in properly engaging in decent traffic areas.

it shouldn't be that bad, I have ridden many Daiken Organic discs....hmm..

Is it an Ebay exedy clutch??? my freind bought a so called exedy clutch from ebay and was doin the same thing, he ended up blowing out a spring in his clutch,then all of his springs went out in the clutch, it finally blew after a week or two

welcome to an exedy organic racing clutch!

i've got an exedy stage 2...friend of mine that had a shop that was an authorized exedy dealer got it for me at cost from exedy...its the organic disk crap...

from what ive heard, it takes a couplea hundred to get it broken in, and then it'll work right (and grab hard as fuck, like a good racing clutch shold)...

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jan 27 2004, 09:38 PM
Is it an Ebay exedy clutch??? my freind bought a so called exedy clutch from ebay and was doin the same thing, he ended up blowing out a spring in his clutch,then all of his springs went out in the clutch, it finally blew after a week or two

interesting.

we put the same clutch into my girls 240sx. seems to work fine, with no problems at all. its been in there over a month.

I dont know about you...but could it be you scorched the clutch disk? I have an ACT heavy street clutch and I had to keep below 3.5k rpms for about 500 miles to avoid glassing the surface of the clutch. Have you been juicing the car around some? 160 miles isnt close to enough to seat the clutch well enough.

hey, i just broke 500 miles with my exedy stage 2, and its doin about what you described. around 2-300 miles, it started grabbing harder, and now it grabs hard as fuck.

i didnt rev over 4k the whole break-in period, mostly cuz of a jacked up dizzy, but now that i have the right dizzy, the clutch grabs freakin' awesome.

if its a real exedy, it's doin what its supposed to.

:)

no it isnt ebay..its actually exedy....iv put another 150 miles (300-ish total) and its still grabbing hard as fuck.....its grabbing harder tha michael jackson grabs a kid; 3000k they spin...and bucks with ne less gas :shrug2:

Back