My ef hatch swapped this weekend. Check it out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

updates....? videos....? running....?

what you don't love us cunts no more?

*update*

Well, I realized that the tranny is a b16 tranny and is hella shorter geared than I thought it was, and is a total torque bomb. The more I am driving it though, the more little problems I am finding with it.

When it is idoling, it will stay at 2000rpm when I start it up, and as it is warming, it will start to fluxuate between 1800 and 1100 until completely warm, then it will level out until I start driving. After I take off again, it will start to hunt and surge a little bit.

I have had a code 9 since I swapped it and was told I need a new distributor to fix that. I ordered one, and just put it in today...but I still have a check engine light on. It was late when I put it in, so I didnt check what code it was throwing, but I have a feeling that it is the same code. I will check tomorrow.

The cam seal is leaking, so I ordered a blox racing cam seal to replace it, and the company was out of the one I ordered so they gave me a choice between a different color blox, or a different brand in the color I ordered. It turns out that the other brand is 3x the price, but they are sending it to me for the price of the blox one. That worked out. lol.

Still no video camera...my bud is trying to find a way to transfer the videos he took onto his computer. I might just go out with my cell phone and shoot a vid. What do ya want to see?

IMAGE_229.jpg

It still needs some cleaning up, but im not in the biggest hurry. As long as it gets me to and from work for now. Next on the list is megan stainless headers and a high flow cat (my stock one hangs too low with the b series headers and the d series downpipe. its all torn to shit).

nice..you know what kind it is?
i had a skunk2 cam seal and a vision cam seal and was very pleased with both

i've got a vision cam seal to! lol. i think i only spent like $20 on it

dsc0057gw.jpg

man, this poor kid. obviously hes stuck in 1997, but thats his deal. no need to flame him. good job on the swap man:D. if thats the type of shit ur into, roll with it! dont let ppl tell u that ur making a bad name for anyone:confused:. just do you.

on a side note, what exactly was that in the antirice.com pic? was that an eg with ek front end? or just an ek? widebody? def airbagged right? was that shit even driveable???? i saw that and lost my marbles

Back