My Father's Friend's Jdm Integ-r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Ok, it all starts out about 3-4 weeks ago, my dad has to go to his friend's Bachelor party, but on the same day he is obligated to go to a wedding reception. So what does any male do when he has the choice to going to a Bachelor Party or Wedding Reception... send his eldest son to the wedding reception (i'm chinese/korean and my father is chinese). So while i'm at the wedding reception here in So Cal munching on expensive chinese food, he's out partying and he meets his friend Vinny (Vinh). Vinny is into import cars and has the hook ups for importing stuff here to the States. Either he's Chinese or Vietnamese, but he speaks Cantonese so either he's a tri-lingual Vietnamese guy or he's Chinese. And how the chinese peeps do it is get the parts as cheap as possible and never overspend and to blow of expensive shops and parts. So he talks to this guy @ the bachelor party about cars and stuff, saying his sons are into them too. About a week ago i meet this guy over @ the Qualcomm races with my dad and my twin brother. He brings his Z3 by and parks it in the lot. So we go to the booths and he sees his friends and my bro and my brother wait patiently and just lounge. We start chatting about cars and he says he has a JDM Integra Type-R, and I'm like... Dayum, thats cool. And my brother goes straight into "So i heard you use to race a MR2 against turbos" so i'm thinking "don't get annoying, this guy has the hook ups." So Vinny goes off to talking with my dad that he just sold his tricked out JDM MR2 with suspension/tires/wheels/engine/turbos/interior to a buddy of his friend for $8k. "Omi' goodness, what a deal" i think to myself. So i drive my bro and father back home in my 92 Pontiac Grand Am (first car, is used to get from a to b, no more, no less) and Vinny gets on the next lane with his BMW Z3 and we are going about 45mph next to each other for like 10 seconds and he just takes off. Phew! Aight, so today i get home from school early, half day for highschoolers, and my dad calls me up at home and says if I want to go down to the shop and check out Vinny's 1996 Typ-R, and i'm like "heck yeah!". So my dad picks me up and drives me over to the shop. He tells me that Vinny took his car to a paintshop that a friend recommended to him, and (not trying to sound racist) he had it painted at a shop that mexicans were working at. As i heard, this shop was in a not-so-good part of town, so Vinny had paid $500 for a paint job, the car was painted, but it didn't have enough pearl in it, it wasn't in detail, splotches around the edges, they cracked his body kit, the paint dripped off the side skirts, the area where the front lip meets the bumper was still noticable, and to top it off the engine bay was spotted by "misty spray paint". So he's pretty pissed off. I went to the shop and met Vinny, and to say his JDM Type-R was the most awesome car i have ever seen is an understatement. I looked @ his car in and out, Tanabe Muffler, Rear Tower Bar, Front Tower Bar, Rear low Tie Bar, HKS meters fitted in his glove compartment, Apexi Gauges on the dash, Autometer Tach above factory tachs, 6-Point Roll Cage, Sound System, Tein S-Tech Coilovers, Mugen Exhaust Manifold, Giant Air Intake (he's gonna change it to AEM), Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover, He just installed Buddy Club 17 inch P1 wheels with Yokohama Tires, he had Recaro Seats and had Sabelt 3-point Belts. They used hydraulics to lift the car up and i saw the underneath and looked at the underside. He told me he was going to install a titanium exhaust system. He had a Carbon Fiber Hood/Wing/Side-View mirrors he's going to install last after all his engine mods are done, he said his car is about halfway done. We talked a bit and i asked him about certain aftermarket companies and told me which ones were the ones to stay away from because of pricing and quality, and i am amazed by his car and he can see that. After about 45 minutes staying there checking out his car i had to get back home, so i shook his hand, told him his car looked awesome even though it was halfway done and he told me that he'd give me a ride around sometime, and them he stopped halfway then said that he'd let me drive it around when it was done and i was like "DANG! I gotta learn Stick Shift!" I left and went back home ^_^. During the conversations he told me some cool things. You know that Green Eclipse in the first Fast and the Furious? His friend built that car, and then sold it to Meguirs. I was astonished, and he said that his friend wanted to get his car in the Fast and Furious 3 (i'm thinking, if they make it). He wantes his friend to drive it cause he doesn't want the publicity. He said he bought his JDM Type-R for about $10,000. He spent about $8-9k on the mods and interior. I know this guy ain't BS'ng cause i know my dad and i know his friends. The shop owner is Vinny's Uncle!, the shop owner told my dad last year that he had a crazy nephew, and i guess i met him! Vinny said that he could get me (or my brother) a 1999 (or a 2001, can't remember) Nissan Silvia S15 for $9,000! This guy has the hook ups and used to import cars for a business. I don't want a S15, i'd go more for a Integ Type-R. I guess once my bro srounges up 9,000 bones he has an S15 and i a Type-R once i scrounge up 9-10k. ^_^

Originally posted by jeff@May 29 2003, 11:51 PM
Cliff notes for people who do not want to read that long story.

:werd:

Or you could organize it so that it's a little easier to read. One huge block of text that takes up all of my screen is a bit much, and I'm running a 1600x1200 desktop.

Ok... here we go

#1. Grammar
#2. Spelling
#3. Grammar
#4. BS
#5. Who cares
#6. Who cares
#7. BS
:gives: :fr: :bs: :newbie:

what?

*edit

fah rah rah rah rah.....rah rah rah rah

hehe j/k :)

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@May 29 2003, 11:46 PM
he said that his friend wanted to get his car in the Fast and Furious 3 (i'm thinking, if they make it

I don't want a S15, i'd go more for a Integ Type-R. I

Please no!

s15>type R :bash:

Back