My Fiancee's new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen Turbo

1 of 400 made in 99

2.3ltr HO Turbo
230 HP
252 TQ

Power Everything, 17" Wheels (Plus a Full set of Snows), 4 Wheel Vented Discs, Heated Leather, 5spd, Did I mention Turbo pure fun...??

Pics:

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00057.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00059.JPG

High Resolution

http://www.hartct.com/saab/DSC00060.JPG

http://www.hartct.com/saab/DSC00061.JPG

A few key notes:
Car is FAST, Major TQ Steer in second gear, which makes the drive all that much better. Cornering is sick and the brakes are awesome. I am now in the search of one for myself because this car is an absolute blast to drive...not to mention its pimp inside and out.

damnit, answer my bleep mext time. lol

good deal.

$$$$$$$?

can a Saab drift? :unsure:

if it can...then join us for the drift riot... :D

Sweet looking car dude.... :thumbsup:

lookin awsome!

the only thing is that maintenence costs are outrageous if you have the car past warrenty...

yeah. SAAB. that says enough for me. looks nice but maintenance/parts etc.... just isnt worth it ya know? i want something that if it breaks, it aint gonna break my bank and have me takin it to the dealer either. GL tho hope it works out :)

PS- looks like SI blue to me :p

SAAB cars appeal to many as ugly, and unreliable. There are weak points, like any car, but the SAAB is a strong design. The windsheilds are at a perfect sea-level strake, the dropping rear ends give off a lot less tail drag, and the side of the car doesn't even get a lot of air resistance.

Not sure if SAAB is doing it still, but the older head designs actually wrapped around the pistons - So that all that compression was kept away from the headgasket. The Turbos have been the classic problem - They immediately and always blow maximum psi leading to valve and piston lifespan problems.

Is the key still in the center console ? That was a good idea. Also, if SAAB (as Swedes) were to use tempur-pedic in their seats, you wouldn't even need seatbelts. Your ass would be glued to the seat regardless of g-forces and the such.

-> Steve

My neighbor has a an 85' Saab, with 400,000+ miles on it, and it is still on the stock bottom end. Yeah it is a super gooey and oily engine to work on as that is just how they are the leak, and I am sure they have gotten better over the years. I have always liked Saabs, and thought that they have some real sweet inovations, and the viggens have always been super sweet. Congrats on the car, it looks dope, I love the color.

Great looking car! :thumbsup:

how about a pic of the engine bay? I'd love to see what it looks like and I'm too lazy to search the web for one.

Saab keeps improving in design over the years.

:worthy: *drool* 2004 Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan *drool* :worthy:

My mom has an '03 9-3 Linear wagon. Nice refined comfortable car for driving around in, like it's designed for. Several things irk me, though... First and foremost is it's one of those cars that isolates you so much from everything outside of the car, and because of this, unless you pay close attention to the speedo or use the cruise control, you'll find yourself either doing 30 or 80. Bump steer is some of the worst I've seen this side of an '87 Dodge Caravan. The sport shift transmission is kinda cool with the paddles on the wheel, but when in that mode, it shifts no differently than when in automatic mode. IE- the actual shifts still take over a second, and coupled with the time the ECU takes to get around to initiating the shifting sequence, you have to drive about two full seconds ahead of the car to get it to shift when you want it to. And then there's the turbo control... I'll give Saab props for designing a turbocharged car that doesn't act like a sterotypical turbocharged car (good for the average Joe that can't concern themselves with driving, much less turbo lag and spool creep), but they give the computer too much control. It's hard to describe, but the ECU keeps pulling boost back, and you're constantly fighting it while trying to modulate the throttle in the turns. It makes for an unbalanced and very jerky ride around the corners.

On the upside, it's a nice looking, comfortable, dignified car that does what it's designed to do very well. However, it is not a drivers car by any definition.

I personally like it.

I've heard they're a bitch work on, and the labor is upwards of $80.00 an hour or so, but they are a nice refined car, I wouldn't buy one myself, but I would buy one for a loved one probably.

Back