My Future Setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

Alright people i'm getting ready to start throwing down a bunch of cash toward the build up of my motor. as some of you know, i'm currently running a B16A2 with an AEM intake/ CTR header and cat. I want people to give me feedback because i'm going to start buying parts next week and i want to make sure i'm getting the right mix of parts. my goal is to be at around 160-165whp.
Here is my parts list:
ITR exhaust cam
CTR intake cam
cam gears(haven't picked which ones yet)
ITR springs and retainers
ITR or Skunk2 intake manifold(whichever i can get cheaper)
Erick's 68-66mm throttle body
fuel regulator(haven't picked which one yet)
ES oval muffler w/ 2.25" piping(not sure on ES, i might just get the piping and run the GSR muffler cuz i want a stock look and i want it to be quiet)

what do you guys think? i need feedback. if you think i should substitute one part for another please give a good valid reason so it will convince me.
for the parts i haven't made a decision on yet, please give me input.

Well, AEM cam gears are good, just make sure you get the new ones that have the "self adjustment" problem fixed. Otherwise go for some skunk2 etc.

For an FPR, Holley and AEM make good units.

As for you muffler, I wouldn't reccomend getting a stock muffler. They are not engineered for increased flow, and you don't want your exhaust bottlenecking.

I would also reccomend a hondata IM gasket.

if you want a stock look and still have a decent flowing exhaust you could go with the ITR muffler
for cam gears skunk2 or Toda
the CTR and ITR exhaust cam are the same, you might get a better deal on the full CTR set (just a heads up)

another option for the exhaust would be the RS*R Ex-Mag (yes peoples RS*R is back :D ) its supposed to be rediculously quiet
exmag.jpg

i'm liking that RS*R muffler. it looks stock and it'll outflow any stock muffler. good find E_Sol.

i'm gonna see if they sell just the muffler or an axle-back cuz i'm trying to cut cost wherever i can so i can buy all my other stuff. there's a muffler shop near my house that does 2.25" piping for like $65. that's a deal.

i think i'll go for skunk2 cam gears.

aem gears suck
skunk2 bolts strip out if you mess with them more than a couple times.

toda gears own. they aren't that much more expensive than skunk2's either.

i'd go with 2 1/2, not 2 1/4.
rs*r owns. im glad to see they are making a come back into the states.... and who found it and linked E last night? me. :)

if you are looking for custom exhaust, check the sticky in the forsale forum- custom mendrel bent (a must) in stianless or aluminized steel for a good price. crush bent SUCKS.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 15 2003, 11:05 PM
aem gears suck
skunk2 bolts strip out if you mess with them more than a couple times.

toda gears own. they aren't that much more expensive than skunk2's either.

i'd go with 2 1/2, not 2 1/4.
rs*r owns. im glad to see they are making a come back into the states.... and who found it and linked E last night? me. :)

if you are looking for custom exhaust, check the sticky in the forsale forum- custom mendrel bent (a must) in stianless or aluminized steel for a good price. crush bent SUCKS.

hey B, i'm curious why 2.5 instead of 2.25 ? the reason i ask is cuz everyone gets smaller piping when they're running a n/a setup, right?

i was checking out the toda site and i saw some stuff on there that i want but can't afford. i'll see if i can get a deal on those gears though.

do the bolt heads of the skunk2 product strip or do the thread?
just a bit of curiosity here.

i'm so sad...i just found where moving to a new house in about 3-4 weeks and i gotta start paying rent, $500/month. that means my plans for my car are on hold indefinately cuz i won't be able to afford buying anything for my baby(my car) unless i get a higher paying job...i think the last thing i'm gonna buy for my car before the move will be an exhaust system so atleast i'll have that.

Back