1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My graduation present.

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by NickBeam, Jan 19, 2008.

1. NickBeam

NickBeam New Member

I've been doing alot of pondering about what I'm going to get myself after I get out of school. Ive pretty much looked at every option and for the longest time I was settled on a AP1 S2000. Recently however I came across a guy that had a Shelby 427 cobra replica and I think I have changed my mind. I thought it would cost around 50k+ to get one of these in my garage but I was wrong. Ive did alot of research and theres a company based in texas called Lone Star Classics that has a complete kit minus the engine for about 20k. They have the motor mounts for pretty much any Ford or Chevy Engine and I have a 327 from an old vette that I could put in there. So i'm thinking this is gonna be the route im gonna take. Ive always loved those cars. After a few years I might invest and get the 530 hp 427 that really goes in it. Although my built 327 will still be pretty quick in a 2000lb roadster. We will just have to see.

Here's the site if you guys want to check them out.
    LS427 Roadster Competition Series

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

my thoughts,

get a job and pay off all your debt.

but, you weren't looking for my thoughts.

3. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

My friends dad has a kit shelby with a 5.0 ho in it. It's freaking awesome, and stupid quick.

4. NickBeam

NickBeam New Member

lol, Well that is the whole point of going to college right? Right now I don't have a lot of debt. I have a home already and half of my education is getting paid for through the Marines. That Cobra will be my debt.

5. NickBeam

NickBeam New Member

Yeah I may end up putting a 5.0 in it. They may not be the most powerful engine but there's something about that sound. My fox body wasn't quick but damn it sounded awesome. If you get nice headers and a good exhaust theres not much that sounds better. And even the old 225hp 5.0 would be pretty quick in that light of a car.

6. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Cobra kits are neat, and they are pretty easy and VERY well supported. But, that said, they are a dime a dozen and cost WAY too much to buy.

You'll be happier with the build and results (and cost) if you check out Lotus 7 kits.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted