My Honda Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i ment to put "2" i was in class and it was dark sorry.
if you are going to boost the b you need to look at alot of things other than engine just so you know.
and if you ask the junkyard guy he should be able to tell you if the car ran or was even close to running before it was put back (if he is doing his job right). and if not it should only cost around $500-$700 if you haggle right.
and i agree with 95b16coupe the del sol looks sick without a body kit but its your car.

not to be a dick but u need to do some research before you even think about doin a swap. from what i have read you dont have a clue what u are talking about, hmotorsonline.com is the most reputable place to buy a motor. u need to learn about obd codes engine codes and alot of other stuff.

not to be a dick but u need to do some research before you even think about doin a swap. from what i have read you dont have a clue what u are talking about, hmotorsonline.com is the most reputable place to buy a motor. u need to learn about obd codes engine codes and alot of other stuff.

no your right, i dont know a lot. I know i will end up learning the hard way, but that just might be the best learning experience. I would rather have everything i need in my hand, then try and do it myself with the help of the articles and responses on this forum and others. This might be a little headstrong but i really want to learn everything i can about mechanics, and throwing myself headfirst into all this might just be a great way to learn. (even through all the fustration and problems i know i will run into)

I'd rather read up before spending $3000 on a swap then blowing it to shit and be out of that $3000.

Get rid of the kit, it looks like a shovel.

I feel so dumb, i went to my local junk yard to look at an Integra. But when i got there (after an hour searching for the car) I found it and realized i didn't know how to tell what kind of engine it is. =( I looked fro that stamp next to the intake but couldn't find it. Is there an easier way? I want to go the "Harry's u pull it" near me where they have thousands of cars and they sell all engines under $100. So i really need to find some way to reconize engine type

If you look at the exhaust manifold, its on the left side. Right where the block meets the tranny. Its on a little flat pad, and most of the time its got shit built up on it so its very hard to read.

B18C3.jpg

It will be on the block right where the tranny mates.

ok i just went outside and looked my engine over. Found the place completely covered in shit. Wiped it off and it read D16Z6. thanks man.

ok now that i know how to tell the motors apart, which B18C should i be looking for? the B16c6? or should i go for an older model?

You should look for the b18c1, which is the GSR.
If that is what you want.

I think the b18c6 is euro spec I'm not completely sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All the stamps are in the same place.

ok good, i dont really care about what one is what, which will have the best performance?
dude, you are getting annoying. read the forum a little bit. you will find enough information to make a reasonable decision.

there is no right answer to this. everybody likes different engines for different reasons. there are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself before you even shop for a motor.

1) budget
2) power goals
3) driving habits
4) repair skills
5) availability

The gsr should be all you need, and more available in junkyards.

ok good, i dont really care about what one is what, which will have the best performance?

Like I said gsr's love boost(turbo,had to throw that in just incase you didnt know) If you want to be pretty quick that would be the road, pretty easy install, lots of parts widely avaiable.
B16's also are great for boost, that is if you want to go fast.

But maybe your not even wanting to go fast maybe you want a autocross car then maybe a B20 would be a nice motor for you, cheaper.

Since you obviously dont know very much a great way to tell motors apart by the abbreviations B16, H22, D16
Is start with the letter, where going to use a b18c1 throughout this.
B18c1.....so its a bseries so you would need b series mounts for an install
B18c1 ... 18 whats that it means its a 1.8 liter
B18c1... c-class(pretty sure) which means its not a ls(pretty sure on this)
B18c1... 1 is the trim, 1 is gsr, 5 is type r
**** correct me if im wrong guys know i had to get something wrong lol

now il take my spoon back

Like I said gsr's love boost(turbo,had to throw that in just incase you didnt know) If you want to be pretty quick that would be the road, pretty easy install, lots of parts widely avaiable.
B16's also are great for boost, that is if you want to go fast.

But maybe your not even wanting to go fast maybe you want a autocross car then maybe a B20 would be a nice motor for you, cheaper.

Since you obviously dont know very much a great way to tell motors apart by the abbreviations B16, H22, D16
Is start with the letter, where going to use a b18c1 throughout this.
B18c1.....so its a bseries so you would need b series mounts for an install
B18c1 ... 18 whats that it means its a 1.8 liter
B18c1... c-class(pretty sure) which means its not a ls(pretty sure on this)
B18c1... 1 is the trim, 1 is gsr, 5 is type r
**** correct me if im wrong guys know i had to get something wrong lol

now il take my spoon back

my goal is quick acceleration.

Back