my idle is crazy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

m90polk

I have a ZC blacktop installed and I have the vacuum lines hooked up right. So when I start the car up it will idle about 900 rpms, thats alright but when I back up out of my driveway and then put it in first it will idle at 2000rpms even with the clutch fully depressed. Then when I shift from 1st to second when I depress the clutch it will idle at about 1500 then when I come to a stop it will idle around 1500 and go back down to normal after about 2 seconds why is it doing this?:confused:

my car was just doing this. first things first i know you said you checked the vacuum lines but check again and make sure they are in the right spot. also check for leaks around any gaskets. you can use carb cleaner and spray it around anywhere. if you see it getting sucked in theres you leak.. another way is to use acetalean. if you spray it around and your idle goes up then there is your leak. also check your thorttle body gasket. that is where i had my problem. i ended up making my own. when you are sure you have no leaks then turn your car on and rev at 3000 rpm( have someone do this for you) and then when your rad fan comes on you can pull the connector to the IAC (which is located right on the back of your intake manifold) the plug is located on the bottom of the IAC your rpms should drop to about 450 turn the car off and pull the back up radio fuse out of the box located on the passenger side under the hood 7.5. to reset engine light. have a smoke or a beer and wait a few minutes then put fuse back in and start car. idle should be around 750 and if it isnt then turn screw on the throttle body clockwise to drop idle lower. then take your car for a run on the highway for a bit. idle might not seem correct before you take it for a drive but it takes a bit for the cpu to set itself. this is how they reset it at honda. i have one of there 2000 page mechanics guides. whenever you do something with the vacuum hoses you usually need to reset the IAC. when coming to a rolling stop my car stays at 1100 rpm but then drops down. i am happy with it and i think it is just caused with the bigger TB i put on

Back