1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My LSD

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by highperboi, Mar 7, 2004.

1. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

i was just messing around and i jacked the car up and spun one wheel and the other spun in opposite direction (in first gear). i took it out of gear and spun it and both went same way. I do have LSD because i can see that there is no bar in the diff. and when i do a burn out both wheels spin. is this right?'

thanks

2. whiteLS

whiteLS Senior Member

no lsd if you did you would not be able to spin the wheels in gear

3. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

i dont totally aggree w/ whitels...BUT you shouldnt be able to spin your tires in gear anyways(well...as easy as your describing)...at least i cant on my car...lol :p

4. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

He said he jacked it up, why wouldnt he be able to spin the wheels?

5. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

if the tran is in gear...why wouldnt he be able to spin it?..is that what your asking?...um..b/c its in gear?...like i stated before...i can spin my tires...to a point and then theres a lil resistence...but from what i understand he is talking about spinning it freely while in gear...which im pretty sure isnt suppose to happen

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

ok.... i tried again neutral is very easy to spin and both go in same direction. In gear it is very very fucking hard but it will go in a full rotation but the other wheel will go in the opposite direction. what could be broken?? shouldnt it not work?? cuz like then it would be like running the engine? but the crank isnt spining.

7. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

you said that when you pulled your axles, there was no bar in the middle? Congrats, you have a LSD.

8. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

yeah but am i supposed to beable to spin the wheel in a full 360 while the tranny is in gear???

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted